Today William was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I knew today was going to be a special day for William and our family. When I was helping William into his suit and doing his hair I teared up. When I left the house to go to the church I choked up. While we took pictures I cried. As I sat in the mother's room nursing Sage. I started thinking about all we have been threw and of course I cried. When I saw him in his little white jumpsuit I cried. My Mother gave a beautiful talk on Baptism and I am Thankful she gave the talk it was perfect. Of coarse I cried and was Thankful for my Mom. When, my loving husband walked his son into the teal green/blue baptismal font. I could hardly see due to the tears rolling done my face. I was so over come by the Spirit of the Holy Ghost. I was so grateful for my loving husband and how much he loves William and just how much William loves his Dad. I was so Thankful to see William with him. I saw the pure love of Christ in Spencer's eyes. I had to wipe my tears fast or I was going to miss everything. William has been requesting for months that my Dad confirm him. I cried yet again as I watched most of his Uncles, Grandpa's and a loving Father surround my Son and confirm into this wonderful church. Later William opened his 1st set of Scriptures from his Grandma and Grandpa Eldredge. He was so excited and eager to read them! I cried again. William kept hugging me all day and asking if I was okay. Yes I would answer I have never been happier than I am right now! I hope to remember this day in my heart forever. Sometimes as a parent I tend to forget why I do the things I do daily. It was confirmed in my heart today by the Power of the Holy Ghost that I am here to teach my children to walk on the sacred paths of righteousness. To teach them too remain pure and innocent. To teach them right from wrong. This world is getting more and more ugly everyday. Today I was given peace and strength to carry on and stay on my journey. Heavenly Father has blessed me so abundantly for following in his footsteps. I am Thankful for the power of forgiveness and his atonement for my sins. I am so grateful for all of my many blessings!

I cried all day.

William and his Dad. Jayden thought she would hold still for one second and say cheese!

They love to take Brother pictures together! I love these boys so much! I can't wait until Sage can join them.

This is the best family picture I could get. As you can see we are missing Sage!

My Mom has all the pictures of Will in his suit. Either she or I will post them later. Goodnight!
8 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing your day, thoughts and feelings. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I stopped counting at 75. Good turnout and it makes you feel so good to know you are surrounded by so many good people who love and care for you. William was so happy and kept going around and giving everyone hugs! Again thanks for the cry. You are a special daughter of God and he is so proud of you!
What a special day for your family. I'm sure I'll be a wreck on that day too. I get emotional when she just sigs a song in church!
I'm so proud of William! He was so excited to show me his white jumpsuit. He is such a special boy, and has an amazing spirit.
I cried yesterday it was so neat to see a child with such an innocent spirit accept Jesus Christ and the Holly Ghost into his life. Watching William reminded me of my own Baptisum and how special I felt when I knew that I had the Holly Ghost with me. He looked so little in his white jumpsuit, but his spirit swallowed the room. Spencer has done such an awesome job with William he was so proud to be Baptising his son keep up the good work.
PS. Kaitlen reminded John that she is going to be 8 in a little over a year he is already stressing over the words. He is trying to pass the buck over to Grandpa but she wont have it.
Wow Crystal. How neat that you posted that about Williams' baptism. What a special day that is when your first is baptized. You are really good at writing your thoughts and feelings. Thanks for sharing. and congratulations. You're a terrific mom.
Hi William, The Huishes are proud of the wonderful decision you have made to be baptized. You are a wonderful big brother, showing your younger brothers and sister the right choices to make. I'm sure you are wise enough to continue making these good choices so that you will always experience the joy that you felt yesterday.
Give your parents the biggest hug ever for us and tell them how much we love them and appreciate the wonderful job they are doing raising all of you!
We always love to see you and your family because of the fun and love we feel when we are around you. That brings a happy spirit that blesses the lives of those around you. Keep up the good job of obeying our Heavenly Father and learning from you wonderful parents, grandparents and all of the others who love you so much!
I cried all day too when Jasmine was baptized last September. I guess as a mother, you can't help be in the presence of a perfect being. Congratulations!
I love that your Dad confirmed him. I have a picture from my own baptism (in Holbrook)from back in the day. Your Dad was in my confirmation circle too. I love that picture because it is such an ecclectic group of men standing around me. I've had many good men to look up to and follow all of my life....what a huge blessing it's been.
Post a Comment