Saturday, November 8, 2008

Eight!

Yesterday was Williams 8th birthday. He had a wonderful day. I am so grateful for this Little Man. He was and is my Angel. God knew what he was doing when he sent William to me. I can not believe he is 8 years old. He is being Baptized next Saturday. He is so excited and looks forward to coming out of the water and feeling good inside. These are his invitations I made. I thought they were adorable!





He woke up to balloons, streamers, and 1 present to open in the morning! I spent the rest of the morning decorating his Birthday cake! He loved his cake and thought I was awesome! I think it turned out okay!I have never claimed to be a cake decorator!




Uncle Royal called and asked if he could get him a his 1st Red Ryder BB Gun! I love guns and claim to be a pretty good shot! So I said yes. Royal wrapped it and brought it out into the living room. William turned to me with BIG eyes and says Mom Uncle Royal got me a gun. I was shocked he knew. I go, no he did not! Why would he get you a gun? You are only 8 years old that is crazy talk! So as soon as it came time to open Royals present he was so excited to see it was indeed a gun! Of course the phrase "You'll shoot your eye out" came to my mind. I love guns and have a respect for them. I plan on instilling this love and respect for guns into my boys. Uncle DJ got him his target and out the door they went! I had tears in my eyes watching Royal and DJ showing him his gun and teaching him how to use it. William hit the target and was so excited! I can't believe how fast this past 8 years have gone. I hope to enjoy the next 8 years with this little man!






He had a wonderful Birthday thanks to everyone! I look forward to seeing everyone again at the baptism! I love you William! This week has been hard on me my babies are turning 8, being chased by girls, rolling over, moving into big girl beds and wearing size 4 pants! They are growing up so fast!

7 comments:

Amanda Griggs said...

I can't believe how fast they have grown myself. It's amazing how fast time flies by. I have learned through my sisters that I need to treasure each day with my little ones cause one c=day you'll wake up and they won't be so little.

Jessica Caldwell said...

I was trying not to cry when he was blowing out his candals. Eight is such a special time for a child. Will has gotton so tall, he looks like a young man and he can hold a conversation. I'm so proud of him!!

Liz said...

You think time fly by. Just be the Grandma watching it all. Hard to believe he is 8! I don't even want to think abou the fact that I am almost...not quite the mother of a thirty year old!

Crystal Eldredge said...

I am not that old yet! I have 1 year and 2 months left until that awful day......

Sharron said...

Way to go Liz ... now Mariah will be the big 3 0 in just acouple of months, Crystal is still a baby .. right?

Now what was that line .. let me think .. oh yeah .. probably shoot your eye out?!?!? Isn't that the worst/best movie? who gets the leg lamp?

peachytiffers said...

The invites and cake are super cute! You are very talented! I remember you talking about being in a gun safety class when you were four or something. Man, how time flies! Congrats to him!

Liz said...

Your right about it being the worst best movie. And that leg lamp...leave it to you to remember that part. I liked the movie the first couple of times now not so much LOL. Yes Mariah is the old lady. Your right I still have a year and 2 months. LOL These girls need and old lady birthday party!