Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Coupon Shopping!

I love coupon shopping! I think it is so much fun to go shopping and save money! This is my receipt from Fry's yesterday. My total after coupons and VIP card came to $189 then I added the Thanksgiving dinner Ham which brought it back up to $215! In one shopping trip I got a year supply of tampons and pads. Those a must have in my book! I have shopped with coupons for over 4+ years and have saved tons over the years. This is just one of my many receipts that I have kept! People don't believe you until they see the paper trail! This is pictures of my pantry. I did not take any pictures of the bathroom, cleaning supply closet, freezer, and deep freezer!








5 comments:

Liz said...

It's such a comfort, as a parent, to know that you and your family are prepared. I know you are probably a month or two shy of a full year supply but if you had to you could ration it and be okay! Thanks for being obedient and listening to our Prophet(s). Also a big thanks to Spencer for supporting you in your efforts because if hubby isn't on board it's nearly impossible to accomplish.

Amanda Griggs said...

I love how much we $ave! I have fun coupon shopping especially when the older people see me, a 20 something shopping smarter than others! It's a big comfort knowing that we have a year supply of baby diapers, and wipes, and tampons too! You never know how important they are until you don't have them!!

Jessica Caldwell said...

I know we need to have food storage and other house hold things. I cant wait until our money situation is better so I can. I feel like everything we have I cant afford to buy extra. I just pray that I'm not the ONE who didnt listen. Please just let whatever we are all going to have to endure hold off a while longer. I do have a testimony of coupon shoping I can remember going with mom and all we had is $200 bucks and we both had carts filled to the brim with food and I would tell her you are on your own when you have too put half this food back. Everytime we walked out of the store with Lunch money! (Yummy Subway)

Amanda Griggs said...

Hahaha, leave it all to mom to put everything back, LOL. Jess just disappeared when it came time to pay. That's some funny stuff! Thanks for the laughs Jess!

Liz said...

LOL Mandy, Jessica was always afraid I wouldn't have enough money to buy all of the food so she would stand aside thinking she would avoid the embarrassment. But the coupons always brought my total way down and I always had enough plus money left over to take her to Subway for lunch. Coupon shopping is the best! I always feel like I'm stealing when I walk out the door.