Monday, November 3, 2008

Canned Happiness!

1st take 5 children trick or treating!
2nd buy 5 bags of your own candy to pass out!
3rd let children eat themselves into sugar commas for just a few days before taking over the candy bucket! You don't want to be a mean Mom!
4th separate candy into piles!



5th take your handy dandy Vacuum Packer and seal the Kerr Jars air tight!



6th place Kerr Jars back in box!



7th close box and write Dried Carrots on box! Knowing that everyone will be to lazy to open that box!



8th Place Kerr Jar box in food storage! Everyone is all about the wheat and rice. I am terrified of not having the good stuff around as well! All I need to do is figure out how to store a year supply of Diet Coke and we will be set!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so glad you did that. I'm going to find my Christmas candy from three years ago and put it out this year, at least see how they held up, and then replace it. It's always a comfort to know I have a stocking stuffer if nothing else. Proud of you! DJ went "shopping" in my bathroom tonight. Not telling them about the back room. Need to get locks! LOL :)

Jessica Caldwell said...

At first I thought WOW thats orginization for your candy. Now it makes sence in case of a disaster it's your house we are all bunkering up at right !!!!j/k. That is a great idea to save yummies incase something does happen it will help ease the blah of wheat and rice!

Amanda Griggs said...

I need one of those handy-dandy air things. (Total brain fart going on right now), oh and the five kids to get all the candy! LOL!!!

Sharron said...

This is so funny. When my kids wouldn't stay out of my rocky road ice cream, I put the carton into a big broccoli bag in the freezer. It worked for weeks until Sarah went to get a veggie for dinner. She hadn't come back in, so I went to see what was taking so long. She was just standing there with the funniest look on her face. When I saw what was in her hands, I told her if she said anything I would never share it with her. She never did. First time she had anything over on her big sister. It was pretty funny telling Mariah about it years later!