Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect






!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Last Friday night the 3 older kids had their primary program practice. With over 300 primary children in our ward they needed all the practice they could get! Only Divine Intervention was going to help this program go off with out a hitch. My boys were not at all excited to be getting into church clothes at 5:45 p.m. Every time we tell Trey to hold still and be reverent he falls asleep. So we took a few pictures of them after they got ready. As you can tell some of them were not happy to be going to church on Friday night! Don't worry they fed them pizza and soda so they were happy! The Bishop announced that we hit a mile stone we are well above having over 900 members in our ward. Don't get me wrong I love our ward but, sometimes you feel like a # and not a ward family. It is hard to get to know people. I am hoping it divides soon. The program was nice. Even though it took over 45 minutes to pass the sacrament. Then another 50 minutes or so for the program!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Okay I'm laughing at William. He looks so bored. How handsome they are and I'm so glad you and Spencer got them to practice even though they got home well after their bed time.
I feel for you I HATED it when our ward had that many members. We hit over 1,000 and it took an hour for sacrament to be passed. In fact it took 15 minutes to get out of the Chapel and down the hall to Sunday School. Then they started dividing the Ward over and over again and now we are so small. It's nice but I also miss some of the sister's I had grown close too. I am grateful we got to keep our Bishop! I love that man.

Sharron said...

Two down and only one left to attend. We went to see Arianna on Sunday, it was the second one for Mariah, Gabe & I. He had a hard time since Arianna's part was at the beginning and mom went up and iterpreted for someone she knew that had no one show up to help her. Gabe's program is in a couple of weeks. At least there has been time between them.

Big wards are a challenge of their own, aren't they? Even though ours finally grew after the last division, I have noticed there still seems to be a few that do so much. Interesting phenomenon.

Amanda Griggs said...

I love how being reverant means catching some shut eye for Trey! I'm sure they did a wonderful job in the program! I wish I wasn't sick, I would have loved to go and listen, and bring my binoculars to see the kids.

Jessica Caldwell said...

Will looks so bored, did he poke himself in the eye in that one picture? He proably was thinking a trip to the ER would be much more fun then going to church to SING!!!!