Today was a really hard day for me. I went to a funeral of a 2 year old little boy that was in my ward. I really do not even know what to say. I have so many overwhelming feelings. I was blessed today to be able to feel the Spirit of the Holy Ghost so strong today. It bore witness to me that families really are Eternal. Heavenly Father does have a plan for us as his Children. I hope that I can remember how I feel today for the rest of my life. I was in charge of setting up the flowers arrangements, a picture of Christ, guest book, picture of the baby, his scrapbook, his little blue blanket and stuffed animal. I was doing okay up until that point. I held his little blanket and just cried silent tears. I kept rearranging everything over and over until I thought it looked perfect. How could I even do it justice. My calling for years now has been setting up and arranging Enrichment night. All the weddings I have helped put together all helped me prepare for this one simple task of arranging this room for this one moment in time. All of the RS sisters worked quietly and swiftly each doing their share of the task. Each using their certain talents to help beautify the culture hall. When I left I thought the room looked amazing. My testimony has grown and my love for my ward family has grown. I can not explain in words how hard it was to see a tiny white coffin with child's favorite book on top of it. You go home and just embrace each of your own children and count your many blessings. I hope to remember the Spirit that I felt today and carry that in my heart forever. Families are forever. I am also so Thankful for my family and Spencer's family. Count your many blessings name them one by one. Count your many blessings and see what God has done. This is the only family pic we have had taken since Sage was born....I need to do something about that......well except his blessing picture.
Sometimes you can't help but smile
10 years ago
2 comments:
I know today was really hard on you but I'm want you to know that I'm proud of you. I'm thankful for your willingness to serve others. I have watched you and Spencer getting the kids ready for bed and how each of them have a blanket and stuffed toy they cherish and what a pain it is to keep track of each one. So it had to be hard on you holding Brandons favorite things. The Gospel is a wonderful thing. There is nothing more comforting than to know we are "Forever Families".
Thanks for sharing your day. What a testimony building experience you had. Thanks for your williness to serve others.
Post a Comment