This is Crystal's mother and she has asked that I update/notify her friends of the loss she and Spencer have had today.
This morning Spencer went to get their 8 month old son, Sage, from his crib and take him to Crystal to be nursed. Spencer found Sage was not breathing. He rushed him to their bedroom where he began CPR. He continued CPR until medics arrived and were able to take over.
We are saddened to say that little Sage passed away. The first responders were kind enough to allow Teele to bring Sage down stairs after they had completed their investigation and let the family hold him one last time.
Crystal and Spencer are so appreciative all the calls, visits, food and words of love and support that have been given.
We will meet with the mortuary tomorrow and will post the time and place of service then.
I know that most people don't know what to say or do at a time like this but Crystal has said that she just wants all of her Ward Family and Friends to surround her at this time. Your visits are welcome as they bring her comfort and peace.
This morning Spencer went to get their 8 month old son, Sage, from his crib and take him to Crystal to be nursed. Spencer found Sage was not breathing. He rushed him to their bedroom where he began CPR. He continued CPR until medics arrived and were able to take over.
We are saddened to say that little Sage passed away. The first responders were kind enough to allow Teele to bring Sage down stairs after they had completed their investigation and let the family hold him one last time.
Crystal and Spencer are so appreciative all the calls, visits, food and words of love and support that have been given.
We will meet with the mortuary tomorrow and will post the time and place of service then.
I know that most people don't know what to say or do at a time like this but Crystal has said that she just wants all of her Ward Family and Friends to surround her at this time. Your visits are welcome as they bring her comfort and peace.
62 comments:
Eldredge Family,
We are so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby Sage. We are so blessed to have you as our neighbors and good friends and are praying for you all the time. There's no doubt in my mind that Sage chose to come to your beautiful and loving family in his pre-existance and knew of the love that you and your kids had for him on this earth.
We are here for you 24/7 and are willing to help you with anything that you need. You and Spencer are the most loving and happiest people that I've ever met and we are so blessed to have you in our lives.
We love you,
Brittany, Cole & Bella Thornton
Oh Crystal, I am so sorry. Please let me help you and your family in any way you might need. And please take comfort in knowing that your sweet Sage is with his Father in Heaven and will never have to face the many trials and heartaches this earth presents. You are a fantastic mother, friend and example. We will pray for you.
Crystal!!! I am so sorry. I really do not know what to say, but that we love you and your family. I had heard about your loss this morning, but I hesitated to call, not knowing what to do.
I know that you are a choice mom for your son. He knew who he was coming to in this earth life. I think that you are an incredible mom and that Spencer is an amazing dad.
Please know that we are here for you for whatever you need. I am bringing lunch for you tommorrow. If you need ANYTHING, please let me know.
Little Sage was such a sweet spirit, always so sweet and such a great baby. He is your angel now. He will be with you always.
We love you and I will see you tommorrow.....
Love,
Mike, Jessica and kids.
Crystal and Spencer--We felt so heartbroken today when we heard the terrible news about Sage. There aren't words to adequately express what I want to say. I know you were the best parents Sage could have ever had on this earth and he'll be there waiting for his eternal family when the time comes for the rest of you to be with him. It will be one joyous reunion, but for now, I hope you feel comfort and peace in knowing that so many people love and care for your family. If we can do anything please let us know. We'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.
My sweet sister I'm so sorry I don't know what to say. He was such an amazing little boy and I'm so sadden that I won't have a chance to see him grow up in this life. I love you so much and know that you are a choosen mother and Sage was sent to you because Heavenly Father knew you would love him the best for his eight months in this life. John and I wil you guys tomorrow. I love you
Jessica
We too are at a loss of what to say. We are praying that your hearts will be comforted during this difficult time.
Love,
Dustin and Deeanna Crook
please call us so we know what time to go over there today with your grandfather Pat, we love you so much and are in our prayers
We are meeting with the mortuary at 9am. I will call you as soon as we are done. Love you guys!
Oh man!! I cannot stop crying!! Our love and prayers are with you!! Please keep us all informed and let us know what we can do!
Crystal and Family,
I am unsure what to say, except you and your family are in our prayers. We hope you are comforted during this time of mourning.We are in Las Vegas visiting my dad for the week, but heard about Sage and will be back this weekend to do anything for you. What a great "plan" Heavenly Father has given to us and the peace that it can bring. We love you.. although we dont know you tons :)
Crystal, Spencer, I am so sorry... Just know we love your whole family and you are in our prayers. Heavenly Father must need Sage for something special up there with Him. I feel honored that I found your blog and have gotten to know his sweet soul through your incredible description of each of your children.
Crystal, I am so sorry. I cannot imagine what you are going through right now and am keeping you in my prayers. I have loved reconnecting with you...your blog shows what a truly amazing mother you are. I wish I could be there to give you a great big hug.
Crystal, I am so very sorry at your loss. I hope you can take comfort in our Hevenly Fathers Plan, and know that you were able to love one of his most chosen ones. Please let me know what I can do to help you. You are in my prayers.
Love you,
Erin (Stock) Phelps
Oh my...our hearts are breaking just reading this. You'll be in our prayers during this painful time.
~Blessings,
Jan & Tom
I add my condolences to those above...we are so sad for you and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Kim
Crystal,
I would be honored to take pictures for you (and of course, I would not take a dime from you to do it). I'll keep posting back to find out when the services are. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let me know.
Kim
988-1831
kimberley_skinner@yahoo.com
Crystal, I am devastated by your loss. I honestly don't know what to say to offer you the comfort that you and your family need so desperately right now. You will all be in our prayers. I'll be looking on your blog to find out more information about the services. I am so sorry.
Prayers are coming your way...I don't know what to say...May God embrace you with his love...Hugs...Gloria
I am so sorry for your family's loss. May God be with you each step of the way....Ceekay
I am so sorry for your lost. What a darling little boy he is. There are no answers on why things happen, but know your Savior is always with you and will uplift you in ways you can not do yourself. You will be in my prayers as you go through this time. In Him, Debbie
YOU DO NOT KNOW ME BUT I AM KRISTA FARRS SISTER AND I JUST HAPPENED TO CLICK ON YOUR BLOG AND SEE YOUR SAD NEWS. I WANTED TO TELL YOU MY THOUGH S ARE WITH YOU AND I AM SO SORRY. MY SON PASSED AWAY WHEN HE WAS 2 MONTHS OLD AND I KNOW IT WAS NOT EASY. I DO NOT KNOW HOW YOU ARE FEELING BUT I CAN SAY THAT IT WILL BE OK. HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND HE WILL BLESS YU WITH THE STRENGTH TO CARRY ON. IF EVER YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT I AM AVAILABLE. THE ONE THING THAT GOT ME THROUGH IT WAS KNOWING THAT I COULD BE WITH HIM FOREVER. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. THE LORD LOVES YOU AND WILL WATCH OVER YOU.
LOVE, KATY BLAKELEY
I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious little blessing Sage. May Heavenly Father give you comfort at this time. Praying for you and your family. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
I am so sorry for your loss, it is difficult to bear when it is so unexpected. God will cradle him and give him to his angles to look after his needs until his mom come to heaven to be with him, My prayers are with you and your family.
I am a total stranger to you, but I am sooo touched by this story and by your loss. No words can offer condolensces for this traggic loss. I am so glad to know you have your faith to see you thru. May you and your whole family be touched by the hand of God, may you find peace - and remember his Love for you and your precious son. May God Bless. I have something coming to you in the mail. Bless you. Rest in Peace Baby Sage.
Crystal
I am so sorry and you and your family are in our prayers. I just wanted you to know that the spirit in your home that morning was so amazing. Your Savior knows you and knows how you feel right now. He will be with you and your family. When I first heard the news I had an image flash in my mind of you holding Sage on your hip at church. What a special family you are to be trusted by Heavenly Father like this. He knows your strenght. You will be in my prayers.
Jorgi
Lifting you and your beloved family up to Jesus...
We are all with you in thought and prayer. May you be comforted by your friends and family as you learn to breathe again...
Blessings and our deepest condolences for your profound loss...
Love to you all...
Steven & Rebecca Nelson & family
Crystal, I'm so heartbroken for you. I just adore you and your family. Being your past visiting teacher and seeing your sweet son brought me joy. I love your family and have been including you in our family prayers. You have been on my mind all day. I want you to know that we all love you and are here for you and can help in any way. You are a special daughter of Heavenly Father and he knows your heart and thoughts and feeling. Go to him often and find comfort in prayers...
Lots of love
Cheryl Glahn
Crystal, you dont know me, but I used to work with Spencer at Motorola years ago. I was so sad to hear of your loss when an old friend called me late tonight to tell me. Sage was a beautiful baby and Im so sorry you had to say goodbye. You and your family are in my prayers.
Hello, Crystal. My name is Cara Chubbs. I am a friend of Bethany Graff and have been a follower of her blog. It is through her blog that I learned of your loss, and though we have never met I want you to know how deeply saddened I am. I, too, am LDS and have an eternal perspective and testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. But as a mother of 4 children (#5 is coming in May), the grief I feel for you is overwhelming. May God be with you and your family--that you may all feel peace and know that your little boy is with his Father in Heaven once again. My love to you. Cara Chubbs
I don't know what to say, I read about your loss on Carolyns blog and saw the face that I myself have had at the loss of my first child at almost two yrs old...it broke my heart. You are among a group of parents who will get the priviledge, if they are worthy, to raise your darling sweetheart in an era of peace during the millenium. I know from experience that you will never forget the experience of that morning, and that you will find yourself remembering the night before over and over, but there will also come a day when you will remember other times more, and you will find comfort in rememberances of things like his favorite toy or song. I know there are no words that can repair the hurt, but I offer my deepest sympathies to a family that is an eternal one, filled with love and the best parents to a child who now has an all access pass to the savior and the celestial kingdom. Sage was blessed for coming to you, and you were blessed and will continue to be as his parents. You will hold him again, and in the mean time may the savior hold all of you.
I'm so sorry. I'll be praying. Kae
I can't even begin to imagine what your family is feeling right now. I am so sorry. I came across a prayer request for your family on another blog. I will prayer for God's comfort for you and your family as you go through such a confusing and difficult time. Even though you will surely miss him deeply, take comfort in knowing that he is being loved and cared for by Jesus.
Many blessings,
Jen
Spencer and Crystal,
I have searched to find the words to convey how sorry I am for the loss of your beautiful son...
I don't think there are words. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Much love to you.
Amanda
Crystal,
You may not remember me but we were in Gateway ward together about 4 years ago. I just read about your loss and... I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you must be going through, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm confident that the Lord needed little Sage for special mission that only he could do. May the Lord give you peace and comfort in this time. I wish I lived closer so I could come to the service.
Much love,
Becky Evans
Hi Spencer and Crystal,
What beautiful pictures of your family! I just cry to see the picture of you holding your baby and can't help but think of how much pain you must be in right now. I am so sorry you have to go through this difficult time but please know that we are here to help and support you and share this burden. Your beautiful baby is in the comfort and love of our Heavenly Father and I believe he will be around to help and comfort you throughout your lives.
I will see you soon!
Christine Marshall
Crystal, you don't know me but I found your blog thru Chandy's. I'm so saddened to learn of your precious Sage. I'm at a loss as to what to say ~ just know that your family will be in my thoughts & prayers & that God will take care of Sage now until you can all be reunited someday.
Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
I just found your blog and wanted to tell you I will be praying for you and your family at this time for this heart wrenching loss of a beautirful baby! I am so sorry and I pray that you will feel God's Love surround you at this time and for years to come!
from one Ward family member to another...(my grandmother's maiden name was Ward)...
May God overflow his blessings on you and your family as you endure the shock of your sweet son's passing.
Jer. 33:3 "Call to Me, and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
What a devastating tragedy for your family. I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. My God see you all through this most difficult time.
There are no words that can be said at a time like this. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Please know that prayers are going up for your sweet family that God will hold you in his arms, close to his heart as you face the days ahead without Sage.
Lou Cinda
I pray God's peace in the midst of your pain.
*HUGS*
My prayers are with you all
I am not even sure how I ended up at your blog. Please know that one more person is praying for you. I pray that God will give you all exactly what you need each and every day and give you the peace that only He can.
I am sooooo, sooooo sad for you both and as a Mormon we know you will see that precious little boy again. I'm sorry but I can't stop crying at that picture of him in your arms. You have my sympathy and prayers absolutely.
xoxo,
Connie
Oh my sweet sister in Christ,
Words cannot express how my heart aches for you at this time. I came to visit here by way of Lara's blog.
I know that I do not understand your pain, but we are preparing to lose our baby once he is born in May, due to a fatal birth defect called Anencephaly. We still cannot imagine watching our baby die in our arms and cannot imagine burying one of our children.
I know it isn't the same as the sorrow you feel, but I know this for sure: You son IS perfect. So perfect Heavenly Father called him home. Not many people walk the road you now walk. You have made the greatest sacrifice.
My heart is with you.
Love, Misty
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I just found out through another blog. You will surely be in my prayers!
Hello Crystal, I found you from a friends blog and I had to come by and express how sorry I am for you and your family. May God be with and cover you in peace!
Bless you! Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
The pain & grief in your face is enough to make my heart stop beating. There are no words to adequately express my deepest sympathy. You had that precious boy for 8 months and you will have him again. Peace & blessings to you & your family.
What a sweet and beautiful family you have and your darling Sage was so handsome! You and your family will be in my prayers as you navigate through this time!
Eldredge Family,
You all don't know me... I came across your blog..
I cant imagine what you are going through right now... and im sure nothing I say can bring you peace.. but I do believe that there is One who can.. and my husband and I will both be praying for you and your family. My husbands a Pastor in our town and ill be sure to have himmention it sunday as well during worship.
I am praying that you will continue to feel held by the Father. I know how your arms must still ache to hold your sweet little Sage.
Oh, my God, my heart, ... I am so sorry. I am thinking of you and praying and lifting you up, may you have strength during this time.
Love,
Stephanie
I stopped by from 4 little men and girly twins. This picture of you breaks my heart. My family will be praying for you.
I just want to give you a huge hug. I can't imagine your grief. I will save your blog and check back I will be praying for you.
I am so sorry. Tears are flowing right now for your family. From one mother to another I can't even imagine what you are feeling. Your story will forever touch my heart. I am so sorry.
Much the same as many comments here, I came across your blog through someone elses. As a mother myself I cannot begin to imagine the pain that your family is feeling! The picture shows it all and I have been heavy hearted and sad all afternoon, but praying for you guys none the less. Just keep in mind that our heavenly Father KNOWS your name and he is holding you at this very moment as is he little Sage! May you find peace in in knowing he is with our heavenly father and you now have your very own little guardian angel. Please know that there are MANY MANY complete strangers praying for you and your family at this very sad time.
My deepest sympathies to your family on the loss of your sweet son. May God bless you and keep you in the coming days.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, your life will never be the same, but God will be there for you through it all if you trust Him and ask Him to be. Your baby was so beautiful, God needed Him for a good reason, and knowing that He is an angel in heaven is still a loss to a mother.I can't imagine your pain, may God hold you and comfort you is my prayer. Tears are falling for someone i don't even know...that love comes only from God. May your family find peace and comfort.
All I can think to write is that I am so very deeply sorry for your loss.
I had a five year old son who was killed in a car accident. I know your loss and your pain...really know.
He is with God and is experiencing the beauty of heaven. He is perfect and I am sure the angels rejoiced at the sight of him.
I was comforted reading scriptures of how beautiful heaven really is. It is a place and beyond our comprehension. He is safe....and your job with him is done.
It was his time...but it hurts. Got has mended my husband and my broken hearts. I can honestly say I now think of my Tyler with joy in my heart and the guy wrenching pain is gone.
Give each other (you, your husband and your children) space to grieve in your own ways and own paces. To help us, we bought a large wicker box and any time we found something of Tyler's we put it in the box. We still keep the box in our living room as a memorial of him.
God bless you and remember God can use even this for his Glory. That was the hardest thing for me to understand, but he did and still does.
I found your blog yesterday after hearing about dear little Sage, and realized the photo of you holding his body is gone. I then saw on another site people were complaining which is possibly why you took it down. I thought it was a very moving, powerful picture that captured your grief in a way that no words ever could. I am saddened that some people would make you take it down and would dare to complain at this horrific time in your lives. On behalf of the blog reading community, I apologize for their appalling behavior.
Marie.
My family and I are very sorry for your loss. Just know that he's a Happy and healthy Baby and walking around holding Jesus's Loving Hand. And he'll be waiting for you all to be there to be reunited with him soon. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers. We are thinking of your family. Love Always , Miss. Randee
i pray for your family daily.
i heard that you took your picture down because someone complained... and although i don't know the words that were said, i'd like to personally tell you that a lot of people were touched by that picture, and that aside from you having every right to put what you want to on your blog, you shouldn't be ashamed of having Sage's picture up - even if he'd already slipped to be with Jesus.
if there's anything i can do, please let me know...
- michelle
Post a Comment