Tuesday, March 10, 2009

School starts this week!

We decided that Spencer needed to go back to school after taking a 2 year break! He is an technician/engineer in the Semi Conductor Industry. He is making good money. We will never be rich but, we have always had sufficient for our needs. We are facing major layoffs in July. With that being said, we decided that Spencer needed to go back to school. He only needs 2 Anatomy classes and then we can get him on the waiting list to go nursing school in a year. We are praying he will not get laided off from Intel so we can stay a float. We decided he could get a part time job as a nurse on the 3-4 days he has off each week. We think it would really help with extra income and help us support all these kids we have! So wish us good luck these next 3 years of him being very busy with school, family and work!
ASU East Campus 2004, I was 5 months pregnant with Trey!


7 comments:

Jessica Caldwell said...

You guys look so happy and young. I don't remember when you guys only had the two boys that time was so long ago.

I think Spencer would make an awesome nurse he is so compationate (sp?)and smart. I have always said Spencer is one of those people that has to always be learning.

Sharron said...

I do wish you good luck! Versatility will be a really good idea for the future! who knows where it could lead as well!

Tamra and Jim said...

Sounds like a great idea. Lots of hard work and determination though but I'm sure your family is up to the task. I still have two kids and two in-law kids going to school. What better time than NOW???

Liz said...

I'm very proud of you two and so excited for Spencer because like Jessica said they need more compassionate people in the nursing field. Plus people always get sick so this field is always in need.

Chandy said...

You have my support on the going back to school bit! Spencer will do great on all of his efforts so three years will hopefully fly by. My family is so ready for me to be done with school, so they can't wait for mid April and me going through my commencement in May!

Good luck to your new adventure!

Amanda Griggs said...

I'm stoked that Spencer is going back to school! I think that it will be nothing but a benefit to your family! GOOD LUCK SPENCER!

PS. Your flower garden was so pretty in the campus house!

mj and that girl that loves him~ said...

Sounds like a great plan you guys! Prayers always for you all and yea that garden looks great! I remember that house! Remember when we went there with my aunt? I can't even remember where we were living at that time?? LOL Space case, I know, lol Can't wait to have u guys over to swim!