We decided to go to Sea World first! The kids were so excited to see everything! Each 1 of them had a request to see something different! I had to explain over and over we will be here all day and we will see every thing!
William got to see his Tree Frogs! He was so happy to see the "LITTLE GUYS"!
Wayne wanted to see the Sharks! It took alot of coaxing to get Trey to step into the Shark tube! You can tell by this picture he was just not that sure about those big great white sharks swimming all around him!
You have to take a Surf Board picture! The boys found snails on the ground at their feet. They were loading up their pockets! I had to get on to them about leaving the poor snails alone!
This Flamingo thought William was a Flamingo because his shirt was orange, it kept honking at him and having staring contests with him!
All of the kids thought it was so funny that a Milk Cow was wearing a pair of shorts and sun glasses!
Spencer took the 4 older kids down to bottom of Shamu's soak zone. I stayed up on higher ground with Sage and the cameras. They all had so much fun watching the killer whales! Trey was trying to tell me all about the water and how it got him wet. Wayne thought the water tasted nasty!
Spencer took William on the big water ride behind Trey. We got soaked just standing near the ride!
Daddy and William after the big ride! William thought it was fun! Mom you should go but, I will stay with the kids this time! He did not want to admit he got a little scared!
Let me introduce you to the Star Fish Bullies! All four of MY children kept flipping them over on their backs. NICE! Finally we just left the poor defenseless star fish alone.
I tried my hardest to get all 5 to sit still for a pretty picture. Jayden refused and this was the best 1 I could get of the group.
This bird was sitting on top of our van when we left the park. The kids thought it was pretty funny! We had so much at Sea World. The boys loved it! Spencer and I had so much fun watching the kids see the animals for the first time!
After, Sea World we drove straight to the Ocean to let the kids collect sea shells. It was too cold to swim so we just walked along the shore! I love walking along the shore line. Everything is so peaceful.
Saturday we went to the San Diego Zoo. It involved a lot of this! Walking up and down hills. We had fun and got to see a lot of animals! Our favorite was the Monkey cages and the Hummingbirds house! The Humming birds would go right for JayJay's head they thought she was a flower with those big green bows on her head! It was comical!
None of the pictures turned out that good because NO ONE WOULD LOOK AT THE CAMERA! Little stinkers! We went back to the hotel did a load of laundry, went out to eat, walked the ocean, and then ate ice cream! Our Hotel was in the ghetto and lets just say we heard lots of things all night long from our neighbor the HOOKER! Never again will we sleep in the CHEAPEST HOTEL we can find!
Sunday we went to the Wild Animal Park. I loved it! It was so much better than the Zoo! They had so many animals to look at. The kids really enjoyed themselves! This is the only family picture we got of all 7 of us! The funny thing about this picture is other people wanted to take our picture! We were a sight to be seen! Who in the world has 5 kids these days! I kept getting questions from people, so how many little ducklings do you have following after you? What are their names and how close in age are they?!!! Too funny I thought!
Trey was having trouble with Cramps in his little legs. He would just stop walking and start screaming my leg is broken! Then proceed to drag it behind him like Tiny Tim! I would laugh and Spencer being the compassionate one would help Trey! I did my fair share of carrying Trey around as well! I just could not stop laughing at the poor kid!
Jayden got into a staring match with this bird.
Jayden puts her hands on her little hips she is going to scare it off!
Ohh Look Jayden won the bird bowed down and turned and walked away!
I think the coolest part was being able to pet the Deer and Antelope in the petting zoo! Trey would just go lay on top of 1! Sage even got to pet them! William is such a softy! I really don't know if he will ever be able to shoot an animal! He loves them too much.
We took them to a Toy Train Model Museum! They really liked to see all of the trains! I thought it was neat as well! So many trains to see!
One more picture for Mom by the big fountain! Then we can run around it!
All and all we had a blast! The kids enjoyed themselves and we enjoyed just being together as a family and making memories with each other! We are already planning our next great and grand adventure! When we got home William had a Post card from Austin in the mail waiting for him. He smiled and had me read it to him. He has messy handwriting Mom! He seemed to be okay with things. I am okay with things as well. This is going to take some time and understanding from everyone involved but, we can all love William and be apart of his GIGANTIC heart!
14 comments:
I loved how Spencer woke William up Thursday and asked him how he was doing and William replied, "Dad I just need a vacation!" So Spencer got him on the bus and booked the trip. Then surprised him by walking into his classroom and saying, "come on buddy we're going on that vacation!" Spencer is the best. I loved all the pictures and it's so green there...I love San Diego!
I guess I missed the back story here! :)Glad you guys had fun on your vacation!! San diego looks so pretty. So much green instead of brown!! Me and Mike are trying to plan a vacation but don't know where to go. San Diego might be a good place! :)
With tears in my eyes I write this Spencer is such an awesome Dad his boys and little girl are so lucky to have him. I know William is going to be OK he has the never ending love of Spencer and the heart of a lion on his side.
I'm so glad that you all had a fun trip and you are right the memories you all share can never be taken from you.
I love the beach picture I think it is beautiful, you need to blow it up and frame it in your living room.
I'm with Jessica the beach picture is awesome! and Spencer too!
Spencer is the best dad for William and all your kids. Who could ask for any better? William must know how lucky he is. He's got a pretty good mama, too!!! Trials can be tough. I took this off of Krista and Daven's blog....
"My very own son born not from my flesh, but born in my heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start. Conceived from a blessing sent straight from above, My first very own son at last home to love."
My oldest brother is adopted. When I was little I got so mad when I found out that i just happened, that mommy and daddy didn't "pick me"! I know William is a wise little boy who will be OK and soon enough will realize who blessed he is, for both of his parents.
hey.. i peek in on your blog too.. thanks for the comment. looks like you had tons of fun in San Diego on a much needed last minute trip.. so fun!!
Hi Crystal,
This is Tara Lines from your ward. I saw your blog on Jessica's and like looking at it. I don't see you hardly. What is your calling? Sydney is in Wayne's class if you don't remember. I have a blog but it is private. Send me your email to btlines@netzero.net and I can send you an invite. Just wanted to say hi and tell you I enjoy reading your blog.
How fun! I agree that Spencer is an awesome Dad, but you are a great mom too! All your kids are very blessed to have parents who love them so much. Hope to see you guys sometime soon!
I am so glad that you and the family finally got to pack up and blow your Popsicle Stand! It looks like you all had such a wonderful time!
I loved how each of the kids had their own animals that they wanted to see. I don't know which picture is my favorite because all of the kids had such a beautiful glow about them. The beach picture is awesome! I love it! When you called and said you were going I was so happy for you, but I would have loved to be in a suite case somewhere in your van! LOL!
I love you guys! I'm glad Spencer decided to go on vacation, it's soooooooo worth it!
Crystal, you don't have to email me your story! I just thought that I missed something. I am a little spacey after all! LOL! I think you and Spencer are such great parents! I am in awe of you and the patience that you have. You're great! :)
Oh man!!! I can just see in their eyes what a great time they had, and you guys too!!!
I don't think I could have done all three or four of those places tho..wow you guys covered alot of ground on that trip!
AND YES THE BEACH PHOTO IS SOOOOO AWESOME, only thing which would of made it maga-awesome is if you were in it!
Have faith my dear, and talk your kids ear's off, they will grow up to be just fine adults!
(Thanks for my comment on my blog.)
Crystal, what fun! You all look great in the pictures!
We took the kids to the Dallas World Aquarium on Monday also so that they won't feel jipped with our "project". We loved watching all the videos and pictures we took!
Gotta love Spring Break!
These are such wonderful pictures. I really love the one of Spencer walking the beach with all 5 kids...amazing. Again I am so sorry for your loss. I had tears in my eyes when I read your blog. I am so happy that you all got to take this trip together. I know you will remember it forever. Im praying for you guys.
Post a Comment