This was called the "Pit STOP". Dad helped Will make sure everything was good and ready to race. I was starting to get a little nervous. I had no idea people made such a fuss over pinewood derby races! Will WANTED his truck named SUPER FLAME! I had to hold back the laughter SUPER FLAME?? Spencer and me tried everything to have him pick a different name. SUPER FLAME it was LOL!
Taking pictures before the big race. The gym was decorated so cute! I mean MANLY! It had signs, flags, tires, and loud racing music on! We had fun taking pictures!
Papa Teele came to watch the big race. Don't you just love Dads smile? Papa Teele said Williams Truck looks just like Papas, a big, wobbly truck rolling down the road! Will's truck did look just like his Papa's truck!
William did not win the race but he had a wonderful time. His Truck came in 2nd a few times and 1st one time. Better luck next year kid! His award was for most Colorful paint job! He was happy!
Wayne and William had fun! Trey made sure he had front seats to the race. Jayden and Sage were evil kaneval and awful kanawful tonight! I am glad to report that I made it threw our first Pinewood derby race! I don't even want to count how many more I have left to go to in my life time. I am thankful for my kids! I am thankful that Will had fun tonight.
2 comments:
Ah, the memories! I can't tell you how many of these I have helped with. Tell Spencer that I am so proud of him. I'm sure that the den leaders are very grateful!
Do you remember Karen McClaws? I heard that when she had Gary, her youngest, she just laid there and said, "Oh no, another cub scout, three more pinewood derbies!" Poor lady, she always came through for a-a-a-a-l-l-l those boys of hers!
The car looks great by the way!
OK that looks like a lot of fun!! I don't get to make the derby car (yet) all we get is princess stuff and makeovers. William looked happy I'm glad he had fun. Spencer of course is the BEST he is so busy with work but ALWAYS finds the time to be there.
Post a Comment