This is Crystal's mom again. I want you to know that she checks her blog frequently and is taking great comfort in everyone's sweet and loving words. She will blog again when her heart is not so raw.
Services Will Be
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
At the LDS Chapel on Belle Vista. (take Ironwood/Gantzel South until it ends. Turn right-west- at the light. The chapel will be on your left not to far down...maybe 1/4 mile. You can't miss it.
Public Viewing in the Relief Society Room - 8:00am - 9:00am
Private Family Viewing and Prayer- 9:00am - 9:50am.
Services-10:00
Burial will be at the Mesa Cemetary in Downtown Mesa off of Central. 10 years ago Spencer's little brother, Kenny Eldredge, was killed in a car accident and was burried in a double deep plot. With another double plot next to him. Sage will be layed to rest on top of his Uncle Kenny and will one day be beside his Grandpa Larry and Grandma Brenda. Sage Lawerence was named after Grandpa Larry so it is fitting that they will rest together and it is a comfort to all of us to know that he will be with his Uncle Kenny.
Crystal wants brightly colored balloons to be released at the cemetary. While we will bring some she is asking that people bring balloons too. She hopes everyone will have a balloon for Sage.
The County Coroner's office called yesterday evening and told us that they could find no reason/cause of death. There is one last test being performed and that sample has been sent out of state. So the cause of death is "Pending" but they don't think they will find anything. Crystal had hoped they would tell her something was wrong with his little heart or lungs. Anything that would help her understand. But when they said, "Nothing is wrong" a sweet feeling came over us and we new that Sage was simply called home by his Father. He had served his mission and it was time to go home.
If you visit the link on this blog called "Lizards Roost" I will be posting a day to day journal of our journey. It's sad and it currently sits in draft form waiting to be published. I know it all so sad to read but I'm recording for Crystal. Already she has blank spots in her memory, "Mom was his pajama tops on or off during CPR?" "Did so and so get to hold him?" Little things that she just can't grasp her mind around.
So when or if you read my blog just know that it is sad but the story is for Crystal because she doesn't want to forget any detail.
Thank you for all of your calls, visits, food, babysitting, and little chores that were done for her. To the sisters that came and took all of her laundry and brought it back washed and folded. I know it had to be hard to see Sage's clothing. Thank's to everyone.
66 comments:
Dearest Eldredge Family...
My heart breaks for you all at this time of loss. I know the Lord, Our God will continue to lead you all through this wilderness. Sage is with him and as wonderful as that is, I know your only wish would be to still have him here with you to hold. God gave you a gift to cherish, remember and care for, for his short precious time here on earth. No one could have done it better than you. God Bless you and comfort you in His gracious and peaceful love. In His Precious Name...
Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
Blessed Prayers,
Debbie "Jadehollow"
Crystal,
PLEASE if you need ANYTHING, let me know or have someone call. My heart breaks everyday when I think of little Sage but I know that he is with our Heavenly Father and is looking out for you.
I am here if you need ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!
Love,
Jessica and family
Crystal,
Please call me anytime! I am just a few doors down and I am home all day everyday! I would love to watch your kids or do house chores or just sit and visit with you. Please call for anything!
Love,
Lyndsay
I am so very sorry.Nothing can help you now,except to know he is with the LORD.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.May God bless you...Ann
Debbie had brought me over to your blog with the ask of prayers from my family to yours and all of my friends. I will be sure to keep you and your family in our prayers and ask my fellow followers to do the same. My Heavenly Father bless you in this time of need with the comfort and blessings we have knowing that one day you will be able to hold him, hug him, smell him and love him once again. May God bless you and your family. I am very sorry for your loss and our hearts and prayers are reaching out to yours!
bethany
I hope that my prayers and my friends prayers for your family are felt and are able to give you some peace through this horrific time. My heart is pouring out the love for you and your family. may God Bless you until you meet Again.
Bethany
Confessions of a Mom of Four
here is the blog I posted about your family. utahgrafffamily.blogspot.com/2009/03/service-and-compassion-are-needed.html#links
Dear Eldredge Family,
I actually came across your blog through my friend Bethany's. I am so sorry for your loss. I can not begin to imagine what you are going through. The sweet picture of you with your son touched my heart in so many ways. I am the mother of five little ones, under the age of 7, and I have not appreciated them as much as I should. Your sad loss has helped remind me of how precious they are. I know your hearts are aching in so many ways and nothing can replace your sweet little boy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and my heart is aching for you. Heavenly Father loves each of you very much as do those around you. I wish you the very best with your grieving & healing. *HUGS*
Love,
Jennifer Ferguson
http://thefergybunch.blogspot.com/
thefergybunch@gmail.com
May the grace of God be with you in your hours of need, and may he comfort you and see your family through this trying time.
I posted on EM, but wanted you to know that even though we are too far away to attend the funeral, we will be releasing balloons here in Texas on Wed. for your little angel.
Oh, my heart is breaking for your and your family! I want you to know you all will be in my prayers and that you will feel the love of God surrounding you through this most difficult time.
shelia
Just want you to know that i am thinking of you and your precious family. Please know that my prayers are with you. I could not help but think about how wonderful it is that you are an eternal family. That is the most precious blessing in our lives. I am not sure why you had to be the first to deal with this kind of loss on the Reidhead side of the family but I do know that you are strong. You are a great example and I know that you will continue to be such. May you find the peace that you desire at this time. All my love, aunt Karalyn
I wish I could just sit beside you and cry with you. My heart just hurts for all of you.
Mary
You don't know me, but your family is in my thoughts, and especially my prayers. I came across your story on another blog and my heart aches for you all.
My Heavenly Father bless and comfort you at this difficult time.
Eldredge Family,
I just want you to know how much I am thinking about and praying for you. Baby Sage was so precious and I am so grateful that we know the plan of salvation and that you will be with him again. If there is anything you need or help with kids or anything let me know. If you need help getting the boys to school or anything also let me know. You are such a wonderful family and I love reading about all of your adventures. But please, please Crystal don't be afraid to ask if you need anything.
Love, The Lines Family
Crystal-
Please let me come help you with whatever you need. Please call or email. erinphelps1@hotmail.com or 480-773-4794.
Love ya,
Erin
Crystal and family, I'm so glad that some of my blog buddies have found you, too... I posted for prayers in your behalf and I know that each prayer is heard with such sweet tone to our Heavenly Father. I will release some balloons on the 25th and will celebrate Sage's journey back to his divine home.
We love you and you are in our prayers.
I plan on coming and would love to help in any way I can, whether it's watching the kids, cooking, cleaning, accomodating family and friends, running errands, or just hugging. Not a hour has passed by that we haven't been thinking of you and your family. - Tiff
I love you, and if you need something to read, feel free. I hope you think it's okay. If you don't like it, I can remove it, just let me know. http://peachytiffers.blogspot.com/2009/03/share-love.html
Much Love!!
crystal, I read what your mother wrote, and it is so sweet and true. Sage has done his part. To know nothing was wrong he just went home in peace, and so suffering. What a blessing it is to have the comfort of the lord. You are constantly on my mind, and I just cry for your pain. We will also be releasing ballons on wednesday. I do love and pray for you, Love Marie
My deepest sympathies and prayers go out to you and yours during this difficult time. I will be thinking of you today. Blessings go out to you.
We've never met, and yet Crystal, my heart breaks with you today as I read your blog. There are so many great injustices in life. We have to be so grateful for the comfort the gospel brings, unfortunately though, this doesn't take away all of pain. I will pray that you will be carried through this trial. I hope you will soon find the peace you are looking for. At 11 am Colorado time (10am AZ time) we will release balloons in your little boys honor. Your story touches my heart. God's peace my friend.
Crystal and Spencer, I cried when I read about baby Sage. I am terribly sorry for your loss but I know he is happy with your other deeply departed loved ones. I too lost an 8 day old baby so I understand and know exactly how you feel. The only time I found peace was when I dreamt about him and Jesus, playing and laughing together. Your baby is playing with Jesus now too. I will offer prayes for your whole family, for strength and peace....Christine
I have never met your family but through friends have heard of your sad loss. I know you must be in the greatest pain imaginable. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. My every thoughts are with you. He was such a wonderful and special spirit. He was a PERFECT little baby boy, Heavenly Father must have needed him to do some miraculous works. May Heavenly Father comfort and bless your lives at this time.
Crystal, I found a song by Hilary Weeks that she wrote after she heard about a family whose young child died and it made me think of you. I wish I had a link to the music but the words are beautiful. I thought I'd share them with you.
Just Let Me Cry
I believe that everything happens for a reason.
We’re not just tossed by the wind,
or left in the hands of fate.
But sometimes life sends a storm that’s unexpected.
And we’re forced to face our deepest pain.
When I feel the heartache begin to pull me under...
I dig my heels in deep,
and I fight to keep my ground.
Still, at times the hurt inside grows stronger.
And there’s nothing I can do but let out...
Just let me cry.
I know it’s hard to see.
But the pain I feel isn’t going away today.
Just let me cry.
Till every tear has fallen.
Don’t ask when...
and don’t ask why.
Just let me cry.
When I agreed that God could put this heart inside me.
I understood that there would be a chance that it would break.
But I know He knows exactly how I’m feeling...
And I know in time He’ll take the pain away.
But for now...
Just let me cry.
I know it’s hard to see.
But the pain I feel isn’t going away today.
Just let me cry.
Till every tear has fallen.
Don’t ask when...
and don’t ask why.
Just let me cry.
I have felt joy,
the kind that makes my heart want to sing.
And so my tears are not a surrender,
I’ll feel that way again.
But for now...
For this moment...
Just let me cry.
I know it’s hard to see.
But the pain I feel.
Isn’t going away today.
Just let me cry.
Till every tear has fallen.
Don’t ask when...
and don’t ask why.
Just let me cry.
Spencer and family,
I cried when I found out this morning about your son Sage. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.
Please know that we are thinking of you and are here to support you in whatever way you need. I will keep your family in my prayers.
You have the support of those who love you and care, please seek their offerings, including mine in whatever way your family may need right now.
I too, am in Queen Creek so please do not hesitate to call or email.
Cell: 480-455-9048
Email: fjosefowicz@yahoo.com
I hope you don't mind, but I also linked you to my other blog so that the many others can pray for your family...
http://whatnowtablescapes.blogspot.com/2009/03/very-big-thank-you.html
Crystal, I love you and am very humbled that I was witness to your great examples of friendship and caring for others.
Big hugs,
Carolyn
My thaughts and prayers are with you and your whole family. I just keep crying every time that i think of the possibility that life can be so fragile. But luckily we have a knowledge of a savior who loves us and our little children. He has a plan for you. And one day you will hold that sweet baby in your arms again. I can not even comprehend what you are going through at this time. Know that we are all crying tears for you too. We love you and wish you nothing but the best at this difficult time. May our lord bless you with comfort.
With Love,
The Nolan and Megan Garvin Family
Oh Crystal, I so wish I could sing at the funeral for you. I'm even coming down on Friday for my brother's wedding and have tried to figure out if I could come down earlier, but I can't make it work.
On Wednesday I will release balloons for Sage with my kids. You are constantly on my mind and in my heart and prayers.
I've been praying every day for you and crying as well. I am planning on attending the services. If there's anything I can do, please, please let me know.
We have you guys in our prayers! If you need ANYTHING call us! We love you guys!
My heart is breaking for you and your family.. Sending Prayers to you..
Oh Crystal - my heart is broken for you! I wish I could wrap my arms around you and take all the hurt away! I admire your sensitivity to the spirit in knowing that it was simply Sage's time to return home. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
We love you,
The Denham's
Crystal, I so wish I am there with you; to cry, mourn and reminisce. Please know that my thoughts and prayers with and your family.
I wrote something about motherhood while thinking of you... when you are ready, you can read it.
http://secretcandy-chandy96.blogspot.com/2009/03/life-what-does-it-really-mean.html
I am new in your ward and don't know you yet but my heart is broken for you. I too have an 8 month old son and I can hardly bear to think of what you must be going through. I know that during these desperate times of anguish you will have the Savior by your side and feel Him carry you. I hope to meet and hug you someday. I am so so sorry. He must be so so special to be needed that badly by our Heavenly Father.
I am praying for your family. I pray that our father in heaven will continue to strengthen you and give you peace.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.I HAD A BABY TO DIE.SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN 29 YEARS OLD.I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.PART OF YOU DIE WITH THEM,JUST AS PART OF THEM WILL LIVE ON WITH YOU FOREVER!GOD IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN GET YOU THROUGH THIS.YOU WILL HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS LATER ON.YOU WILL BE IN MY HEART AND PRAYERS!SENDING YOU LOTS OF HUGS!!!!
Eldredge Family,
You don't know me, but I heard of your loss on the blog of our cousin (Cori White). My heart breaks for you in your loss. What a darling little angel your little Sage is. What a great blessing we have to know where your little one is, and the knowledge that you will be with him again. Your family is in our hearts and prayers.
The Beal Family (Utah)
Crystal and family,
We are thinking of you and your family and pray that you will be blessed with the comfort you need.
Love, Mark and Mariley Johnson
I was linked to this by a friend of mine, who actually got it from her SIL. I live out in QC near you, and after reading many blogs about this tragedy, I have learned that you have a wonderful family. My heart truly goes out to you during this time of grief. I am so sorry for your loss. Isn't the hope and peace that the Gospel brings wonderful? Hard to comprehend at times such as these, but wonderful. Please know you are in my prayers.
Crystal, You may not remember me and my family from campus. Your family moved out shortly after we moved in.
Tiffany Downey sent me the link to your blog and the trial your family is facing right now.
I just wanted to add my comment to everyone else's in saying that my thoughts are with you and your family. I can't imagine the hurt you are facing as I have a little one just a few months older than Sage.
It is such a powerful blessing to know that our Heavenly Father lives, that we are eternal families, and you will have the opportunity to raise little Sage in the here after.
My prayer for you is that the spirit will comfort your family and your family will support each other to get through this.
Families are Forever.
Our love to you,
Chris and Alacey Yarn
Dear Eldridge Family,
That picture of you with Sage just broke my heart. The expression on your face speaks volumes. I know that pain as I've been there before as well. I've lost two baby boys (5 and 13 days old)and my 6 1/2 year old daughter.
I know that nothing I say will provide any comfort for you right now. The pain is so strong, but I just want you to know that if you need to talk - about anything at all - I would love to listen.
I also have a website that might offer some help. It's called Growing Through Affliction. It's in the process of being overhauled but it is still up with some helpful articles and scriptures.
Growing Through Affliction
I've been in prayer for you today and honestly just can't get you off my mind.
I will be checking back but know that there is a tender spot in my heart for you right now.
Tenderly,
Lynnette
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground
Crystal and Spencer and family,
I just wanted to send you my condolences. I am so sorry that this trial has come to your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys during this difficult time.
Love,
Rustin
I'm so very sorry for your loss. My son, Colin, is 8 months old and I see him in your precious Sage.
My prayers for you and your family will be lifted up to our Abba, Father today.
I'm so, so sorry.
I came across your story from Lynmette's blog (http://lynnettekraft.blogspot.com) and wanted to let you know I am on my knees for you this morning and will continue to pray for you.
Praying for your family. May God comfort you.
Dear Crystal,
I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know if you remember me, This is Rachell Massey from Campus a long time ago. Tiffany Downey sent me the link to your blog. My heart breaks for you and your family, and you will be in our prayers. I know from personal experiance that especially through the hardest times in our lives that our Heavenly Father is there with His tender mercies so that we can make it through. He does know your pain and will be with you "Every Hour."
Came over from Jadehollow and I've never been here before. But I want you to know we will be lifting your grief to the Lord today and praying for his grace and comfort to you, your other children, and your family.
We are so very sad with you at the sudden death of your precious baby. I have two dear friends who have walked this path and my heartfelt sympathy feels like so little to offer.
May God surround you all with his Spirit. I don't know what else to say and I know there's nothing I can do. But I'm glad knows every detail and exactly how to get you through.
Crystal,
My name is Stephanie Waite. You don't know me. But, you have just embarked upon a path I have been traveling for the last 9 months. From one grieving mother to another may I send to you my heartfelt love. I know where you are right now -- in the fog of shock. My daughter drowned when she was 14 months old. I know all too well how those first days of physical pain and sickness feel - that huge whole right through the middle of you that you wonder if it can ever be filled.
I remember too how I didn't want to hear about other babies dying after Camille's accident. It was too much to bear. It is like when you get a new car and then suddenly you notice how many other people have that car. I am sure you have heard about lots of friends of friends who have been in your place.
So with this comment I want to offer you two things: First love and assurance that it does get easier. You will not always suffer as intensely as you now do. At 9 months out - most of my days are good days. I still am hit by waves of grief but they are not as frequent- maybe only one a month now. I know that helped me to know when I was new to this life. It helped to hear from those about a year ahead and hear them say they felt so much better.
Second, when you are ready - and that is different for different people - I started a private blog for the parents who have lost young children that were born living. All invited are invited as authors. There we can do to ask questions about how to deal with certain situations, vent our feelings without fear of judgement or not understanding, share our triumphs, and just BE with other moms and dads who REALLY know how we feel.
I would be happy to send you an invitation when you are ready if you ever want to join. I have about 30 spots left on the blog. If you think it would help you to be a part of this online support group, please email me and I will send you an invitation.
Soak in the Spirit that I know is in your home right now. Know that there are countless angels attending to you, your husband, and your other children - and don't forget to Breathe.
Much love and empathy,
Stephanie Waite
www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com
stephaniewaite@gmail.com
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet little boy. :( Sending lots of prayers your way.
Praying for you and your family in South Carolina!!!
Praying for you on this difficult day.. Your story touches very close to home. We lost our sweet Brayden last June, he was 17 months old. It is a difficult road ahead.. take it a moment at a time and Let God carry you. He is showing Himself faithful to us daily, and somehow we are making it through. Praying for immeasurable strength and the Peace that passes ALL understanding!! May the God of comfort hold you and comfort you in these moments...
Michelle
feel free to write anytime
I'm so sorry loves. I'll be praying. *HUGS*
No words can describe how sorry I am for your family. Here's to wishing you the strength to get through this day by day.
Eldredge Family,
I use to live in Queen Creek in your ward. I heard of the news from Cori White and just wanted to send my condolences and love at this very sad time. My heart is breaking for you and I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you can feel the Saviors love and let him carry you through this.
Tasha Dunbar
Dear Eldredge Family...
We don't know each other but I just want you to know that I am praying for you. I cannot imagine the heartache you are feeling right now. Take refuge in God's comforting arms. HE will get you through this.
"For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat." Isaiah 25:4
In Christ's Love,
Morgan
Dear Eldredge Family,
I clicked over to your blog from another and I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I can't even to begin to imagine what you are experiencing, but I do know that if you draw close to the Lord, He will get you through this tough time. While I know it probably doesn't make any sense why this is happening now, I do know that it has to be all a part of His perfect plan and I pray that you can find comfort in knowing that. Please know that your family will be in my prayers in the days to come.
A friend sent your blog to me because I can say I have been there. My husband too found one of our boys passed away in his sleep. Yes this has been now almost 7 years ago. The memory came fresh as I read your blog. Some things I want to tell you that helped us. Read your Bible--Jesus will carry you through-- read his promises. I hope that you know Jesus as your Savior personally. If you need help I can lead you with God's help.
I know I am a stranger but I am willing to help via email or phone. Here is my email- campbellfamily6@bellsouth.net send me a note or if you wnat to chat. You are definelty in my prayers throught this healing time.
Stephenie Campbell
Mother of 4 on earth and 1 in heaven---precious
I saw your blog through another family blog. I am aching for you as you begin a new "normal". May God give you peace and comfort during this time!!
Kristi from Alabama
I'm sobbing at the loss of this sweet life. I'm so, so sorry.
Please know you are in my prayers.
Dawn
Oklahoma
I just found your blog today. Many prayers are being said for your sweet family today. Words are not enough, but please know that without knowing you we are praying and thinking of you.
Dear Spencer and Crystal,
Please know that our family will be praying for your family! We pray for God's comfort, peace and strength as you journey through this most difficult time. I pray God's grace will cary you. Our hearts are broken for you. Sage was a most beautiful, precious child; all your children are so dear. They are blessed to have such obviously loving parents!
With love,
The Morby's
Im so sorry about the loss of your son. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking and praying for your family.
Christa
Texas
There are no words to explain how deeply I feel for you and your loss. I am so saddened to hear about your little boy who I never met but now think about often. God will be your Strength.
Love Nancy, Nicholas, Alexander and Grace in Bowmanville, ONtario,Canada
Post a Comment