Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bob Cat

I enjoy going to Scouts and having my boys be part of such a wonderful program. I really enjoy all of Will's leaders. Each activity is well planned out. Each pack meeting is fun and up lifts the boys. Tonight William received his first Scout badge! He worked hard and got his "BOBCAT"! It was awesome. There tradition is to hang the boys upside down while getting the badge. The Dad holds them upside down and Mom pins them! The have to do a good turn before they can move it right side up again! William is so skinny his pants nearly got pulled down! He was holding on to those britches with both hands! I am proud of him and his accomplishments! Good job William! Mom and Dad love you so much! First he had to dig for a his Dinosaur bone! Thanks to Sister Crook for taking pictures for me! They are awesome!



12 comments:

Chandy said...

Great job, William!

Bell Family said...

That is a fun. Congrats on getting that accomplishment.

Sharron said...

LOL My first thought when I read Bobcat was the little construction equipment type. Then I thought, "Crystal is from Holbrook, it must be the kind that the goofy guys up there trapped". Can you believe that of someone who has spent about 15 years in scouting?

Congratulations William! I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work and make sure you always do your work on the badges yourself, with your parents' help. It will bring you lots of adventures for the rest of your life!

Tamra and Jim said...

Congrats to William. Scouting is a lot of work but lots of fun too, for many years to come!!!

Lara Neves said...

What a fun tradition! Sounds like your scout leaders are awesome.

Congrats, Will!

Liz said...

William was so proud and excited to show me his Bobcat award. I had to chuckle when he told me, "Well I'm a little disappointed the pin is SO small." I have to agree with him I always thought so myself!

William worked hard to get his Bobcat and Crystal is so good to read his manual and figure out things he can do to earn his badges. I'm sure he will be an eagle scout...my onery boys! They got it all and then REFUSED to do their Eagle project just to make their dad mad...instead dad didn't care and they broke their momma's heart. But as I predicted Royal is already regretting that hard headed decision!
I'm sure William will go all the way!

Jessica Caldwell said...

GOOD JOB William, I'm proud of you buddy. Keep up the hard work, you are such an example to your young brothers. I love you !

Good Job to Crystal and Spencer for making sure he is excited to be a boy Scout. You two are such examples to everyone.

Nicole said...

Oh he is so cute! It was great to see you guys the other night!! Hope everything is going great!!

Amanda Griggs said...

I'm so happy for you Will!! It's a lot of work to get your Bobcat! I can't wait to see you get your Eagle!! I love you buddy!

Anonymous said...

wow flashback!!!! I remember going to a scouting event where they put a kid upside down, and I swore I was just imaginging until today when I saw that pic!! I must have been 3 or 4 years old. Congrats WILL!

Kara said...

Congratulations William!

mj and that girl that loves him~ said...

Yes congratulations William! You're one awesome dude, dude!
If I would of had a car and known about this I would of gone to see you get pinned! Thanks Mommy for posting this, it was like I was there!
love u all~