Friday, April 17, 2009

Angels May Delight!

Nearly a century and a half ago, President Brigham Young spoke to the Saints of his day. “There is a great work for the Saints to do,” he said. “Progress, and improve upon and make beautiful everything around you. Cultivate the earth, and cultivate your minds. Build cities, adorn your habitations, make gardens, orchards, and vineyards, and render the earth so pleasant that when you look upon your labors you may do so with pleasure, and that angels may delight to come and visit your beautiful locations. In the mean time continually seek to adorn your minds with all the graces of the Spirit of Christ.

I am working really hard on doing things to keep my mind and hands busy. I am not going to just sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself. I can't wait to to see just how beautiful I can make our backyard. It is a work in progress! Trey was a big helper and I had fun with him! He is an adorable little boy! I was SO worried ants were going to crawl in his cast! Now that would have been a tragedy!




Peas, potatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, and pumpkins! Things are looking good so far!


9 comments:

Jessica Caldwell said...

Your yard is looking so good, I'm a tad (a lot) jelouse. You are such an amazing person.

Lara Neves said...

What a great start to the backyard! I can't wait to own a house so I can plant flowers and a garden. The way our landlord has the landscaping does not allow us to do that. I can't wait to see what your flowers look like in a month or so! :)

Liz said...

Yard work is very therapeutic! And it brings such a feeling of accomplishment. I know it will be beautiful before you know it. Now growing anything here in the desert is something to be rewarded...it is a lot of hard work!!

Sharron said...

He Trey, can I borrow you? This ole' gal could use some help!

It really is looking good. I'll race you to the first zucchini! I hope to get started on the back yard next week, only a week behind when I wanted to the first box built!

Kristy said...

Looks so great. I know nothing of gardening and growing plants. That quote was really neat and makes me want to try something. Maybe I will start with a little potted plant or something.

Liz said...

The lat thing you need is an ant attack on Trey! That would be horrible! you're back yard is looking gorgeous! What wonderful tribute to Sage!

Chandy said...

Wow Crystal, that is great! I especially love the tire planters. That is so clever! Keep us updated and Trey was a trooper for helping out. We just gardened ourselves today so I can get my brain started in finishing my essays. It worked, I'm done with the first three. Only one to go!

Kara said...

Thanks for the reminder to get going on my garden. It looks like you had some good helpers!!

peachytiffers said...

Continue taking pictures because I love your ideas and how good it looks already!