Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a Night!

This week has been a long one for sure and it is only Wednesday! Last night was just one of those nights that if I had some money in the bank and gas in the car I would have said see ya later to the family and drove away in the darkness. I would have gotten to the mail boxes turned the Van around and came home.

Jayden has croup and needs breathing treatments every 4 hours. At 2am this morning I was awake giving Jayden her breathing treatment. "Tank" I mean Sage is weighing in at a healthy 18 pounds! With that being said, he needs to nurse every 3 hours! At 3am I was nursing Sage and I hear a noise from the room next door. I look up and see a very sleepy William walk out of his room "NAKED"! Mind you the boy is very tall and skinny and its sorta funny to see him all his NAKED GLORY! (I am constantly teased that he is a Holocaust victim or a child from a poor starving country.) I sorta giggle and ask hey buddy what are you doing? He looks at me with a blank expression. I realize then that he is sleep walking and has no idea what he is doing. I go to lay Sage down and I look over and what do I see? I see NAKED William hunched over at the top of the stairs taking a CRAP or in my case leaving a pile at the top of the stairs. I am trying my hardest not to yell at him because I did not want to scare him and have him fall down the 17 steps. He turns around and sees me and screaming bloody murder he goes Mom what are you doing? I am nursing Sage what are you doing? I don't know Mom! I spend the rest of the wee morning hours cleaning and scrubbing the "CRAP" out of the carpets and trying to get everyone back to bed fully dressed! Just as I think I can drift off to sleep I notice the all to familiar smell of CRAP I realize the only way to get rid of it is to get in the shower. I get out of the shower I hear my alarm clock going off. Great it is time to get the kids up and ready for school! No beauty rest for me. I just kept thinking the entire time, you have got to be S$%#@!$%^ ME! This morning I ask Will hey how did you sleep last night? Ohh good Momma! I then told him what he did in the middle of the night. I thought he was going to die laughing. He thought it was so darn hilarious! I am still trying hard to find the humor in this one!

On a side note. Will is doing well in Scouts he loves it! He is in charge of the great state of "ARKAN ASS"! His words not mine. I keep trying to get him to pronounce it correctly before the big night at scouts! Even if he does not figure it out before then I am sure it will be kinda funny!
He is very upset that Barack Obama is our new Commander in Chief. He has very strong interest in politics and takes these things very seriously. He is very competitive and hates to loose. So he is even more upset that John McCain lost the race. He constantly argues with his teacher and tells her his secret plans to break into that big White House and steal the papers that say its okay to kill babies and the paper that says hunters can't have guns! He does however believe that the soldiers need to come home. It is very sad for him to think that many brave soldiers are being killed. I feel that it is sad that my 8 year old was only 10 months old when 911 happened. Will has only known this world as a time of war and rumors of war. I look at him and wonder what the next 8 years hold in store for him. He will be 16. I can't help but wonder if I am raising my 4 sons to be Soldiers fighting the same wars we are fighting today. Maybe I am a dooms day type personality but I don't see this world getting any better.
Last night I wrapped my arms around my skinny little man and told him I could feel his muscles growing and he started laughing! He then said Momma, I think your gorgeous and when I am bigger with bigger muscles, I will still think you are gorgeous! So here is to hoping that William will grow some muscles, I will stay gorgeous, and this world will not be that terrible of place to raise my children! Also, that the CARDINALS will go all the way! Your team is going down William!

7 comments:

Liz said...

LOL! Honey you failed to mention to everyone that while you were bathing William his new Kitten-HOLLYJOY- was running laps through all that crap and leaving little crappy paw prints all over the house! Oh it's all so funny now that mine are grown...however RaLee still keeps me hopping...Her and your Bishop's daughter, Emily, called me this morning..."Ummm MOMMY how much do you love me?" Then went on to plead their case on why they should be allowed to walk to your house to spend the day with you and ditch school. Notice you didn't have any unexpected visitors today!

Cody and Danica said...

Crystal that is absolutely hilarious!!! And then the fact that he laughed so hard. I can imagine you giving him a look like go to hell! haha. I'm laughing so hard right now. Cody was talking in his sleep last nite. I told him to scoot over because he was hogging the bed and he leans up, looks at me, and said, "it doesn't even matter where i sleep because you're dead anyways." i was so confused. I didn't feel dead. He has no recollection of it either. I hope your day gets better for ya.

Sharron said...

so much for the "golden Years" my dear! My kids just came quietly in next to the bed and let out blood curdling screams when they walked in theie sleep, guess it could have been worse.

Tell William his old lady friend will root for the Steelers with him! I like tall, skinny boys, they rock! and I dfind them to be highly intellegent!

Son't tell him I don't follow pro FB, I got the biggest laugh when I heard the cardinals were playing ... especially remembering how the Diamondbacks went down the tubes after their big season ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal, it's Tommy Jo. What a cute family you have! Boys are such a handful but I wouldn't know; I've only produced girls so far. I do children's photography now so we should get together the next time I'm in town. I could use 5 new models and my daughter would appreciate a little time away from the lens. Hope you're doing well, bye!

Chandy said...

Wow, Lara mentioned how one of her daughter sleepwalked and peed all over the baby's crib! Oh my! Ian used to go on his pants when he had that last cup of water after brushing his teeth.

Someday, you will laugh at all this...

Taralee said...

I love it how, we, as mothers have a slightly different view of CRAP!! It seems that once you have kids you can handle anything. Once Brody took off his poopy diaper and wiped it ALL over him and his crib. I gagged YET cleaned it up. Ohhh...what we go through to enjoy blissful days of motherhood.
I'm glad my blog was able to make you laugh...even after you had that "crappy" night! ;)

Amanda Griggs said...

So I haven't been around a computer for a bit, but I can't believe your night!! It makes my horrible leg cramps look like a walk in the park!

Last night at the hotel I got horrible foot cramps. Like the kind you got when Kari just rubbed your foot while you cried, or the time you nearly drowned in the pool because they came at the most inopportune time! Holly Moley!!!

Oh well, it's all worth it! The cramps, the poop, the crying, the 3 hour feedings. . . .(all except the vomit which John will handle!) it's all worth it!!