Everyday for the past 3 years me and William have had the same routine. It goes something like this.
Mom: Hey Buddy how was school today?
William: Ohh I had a good day Momma!
Mom: Give him hugs and kiss his forehead and say that is good!
William: Do you have any food to eat?
Mom: yes your soups in the microwave.
William: Thanks Momma!
We have had this same conversation or version of this conversation for years know. Well today William shook it up a bit!
Hey buddy how was school today? Um you know momma not so good. Shocked I said not so good what happened today? He goes well I was playing tether ball and I was running and stepped on the step by the tether ball court, you know those steps momma? Yah I know those steps what happened? He goes I fell on the steps and hurt my NUTS!!!! Momma I just layed there on the ground holding my NUTS and looking up at the sky screaming ohh my NUTS ohh my NUTS ohh my NUTS! I almost about died laughing. For 1 I did not even know he knew the term NUTS? But hearing him recap his story was hilarious. I asked him if he went to the nurses office he said yes. I said well what did she say? Ohh to go lay down until they stopped hurting me. He goes Momma I layed there 3 hours holding my NUTS before they stopped hurting. I go did the Nurse look at them? He got all shades of red NO MOM THE NURSE DID NOT LOOK AT MY NUTS!!!!! William is it okay if I look at them, to see if they are okay? After some thought he goes yah okay! So he drops his britches and to my horror (his NUTS as he puts it) are so bruised, and it is not just the NUTS its everything. It looks so painful. I was very compassionate and loving towards the situation. I have laughed some too because of the way he tells the story. I am now wondering if I need to take him in to the Dr. to get things checked out or if he will be fine? I have no idea what to do about this. This is not my area of expertise???!!!! I guess it will be soon enough I do have 5 pairs of NUTS running around this house after all!
Sometimes you can't help but smile
10 years ago
10 comments:
So funny but not. I'm glad we took him in and that despite the fact the Doc was horrified at the bruising all will be well. Poor guy! I'm still upset that the school didn't call you! He layed there for three hours. This seems to be a bad habit of theirs.
I am glad he is fine and as is well! I really seem to like this new Dr. the kids have! I am going to have to have a little chat with the school Nurse about this one. What if he had caused damage his previous surgery? Anyways thanks for going with me Mom! They needed a urine sample and he made me hold the cup he got to laughing so hard when the cup started filling up. I told him you better not pee on me! Then he was laughing even harder. I kept asking whats so funny? He goes, your holding my pee cup! While waiting for the Dr. he goes Mom did it hurt worse when I fell off my bike and hurt my elbow or did my pee pee hurt worse? UHH I don't know Son what do you think? He goes, I think my pee pee hurts worse.
that is pretty funny the way he tells it. I'm glad it's all OK though. Poor little guy. :D
That is scary. Glad that everything is OK. By the way a day will come that he will get really mad at for telling this story ... experience talking here.
Hahahahahaha, I couldn't believe it when John told me the story! I feel so bad for the little guy. I can only imagine the pain the boy was in. I would be ultra peeved that the school didn't call! What new doc are the kids seeing?
Man that is too bad. But really funny. i would call the school. They should have called just because he was hurt so bad. imangine if he hadnt told you about it. I would be angry about that one.
Wow, that was just so awful for him! I'm glad that he will be well soon. I agree with everyone, the school nurse should have called you considering he stayed there for 3 hours!
(Ok, in all honesty, this comment is much after my non-stop laughing!)
Knowing William that is funny, but so sad poor kid. I agree the nurse should have let you know what was up.
I'm so glad he's okay but that is so funny. I know exactly what he went through.
Oh, Crystal I laughed so hard at the story I started crying. I could just hear the conversation in my head. Then I started imagining my own little boys coming home with the same kind of story. They are just crazy enough that I'm sure we'll have lots of hurt nuts around here too. Poor kid to stay in a nasty, cold nurse's office on those hard beds for 3 hours tells ya it's not fake. I'm glad he's ok. You're a brave woman holding the pee cup....oh the things we do for these kids!
Post a Comment