Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bows and more Bows!

I was so excited to "Finally" have a little girl so I could do her hair and dress her up. Much to my surprise the pretty hair bows where expensive and way over priced for my budget. So I taught myself how to make hair bows. My first couple bows where total flops and soon made their way to the trash can. I got really good at making bows but, it took me forever to make 1 bow. My cousin Meagan invented this little bow maker out of sticks and clothes pins. (Thanks Meagan you rock)! I soon figured out how to use it and I was off! I have made over 200+ bows since I learned how! I enjoy doing it and each bow turns out so cute. My Mom gave me all of her ribbon supply and my Grandma's ribbon supply. Target has their $1 section where I can find 3 rolls of ribbon for a dollar! I really enjoy making bows for my little girl and her cousins! Here are just few of my many bows that I have made! I enjoy doing her hair just as much! It is a special time each day that I get to spend with just Jayden and me! I am secretly praying Jayden gets a sister a couple of years from now!






9 comments:

Kristy said...

Holy Smokes! They are all so beautiful!!!!

Chandy said...

Love each and every one! The ones out there have nothing on those. Gorgeous! Congrats on learning a new skill!

Liz said...

Love this post. Little Jayden always looks like a little dolly and is complimented everywhere we go and a big part of that is because of her hair and all the pretty bows! Proud of you and how much pride you take in your work and little girl!

Lara Neves said...

Holy Cow Crystal! You are prolific! I buy mine, so I don't have very many...I really should learn to make them.

Amanda Griggs said...

I love all of the bows! You still have to teach me how to use the bow maker!

Sharron said...

These and so cute, and you are so like your mama! She always had you girls so dolled up ... and then it was time to play in the dirt and mud. I'm glad you have cousins to share them with, she is still pretty little and can only hold so many bows ... but then there is tomorrow! Keep up the cute work!

mj and that girl that loves him~ said...

OMG YES THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFULL! YOU'VE DONE A GREAT JOB! HOW FUN!

peachytiffers said...

Those are soooo cute! I don't have a girl yet, but I'm dying to learn how to make them. You've got to teach me! P.S. I think I'm going to have a girl's movie night this Friday at my house if you want to come.

Cody and Danica said...

ok so i just found out i'm pregnant and i wanted a boy until i saw all those bows! dang you! haha.