Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to me! 29 is so old!

Today is my 29th birthday. I am the oldest of 6 kids and they all think it is so darn funny to tease me over being SO old! I think they tease me because, they all know how much I don't like getting old! Today was a wonderful day. Spencer helped me clean our home from top to bottom! He knows that I enjoy having a clean home so, as weird as it sounds helping me clean is a wonderful gift! Spencer and Mom took all the kids shopping for me. I stayed home in the peace and quite of a clean home! That never happens! Mom bought Spencer and I subway for lunch! Mom and I got to watch a cute Christmas movie together while, Spencer worked in the kitchen getting dinner ready for the party! I had a wonderful birthday! I spent the evening with so many people who love me. My Uncle Mike and Aunt Kathy came over and spent the evening with me. Aunt Kathy PATIENTLY, sat on the floor and played ball and board games with the boys! They loved it and I enjoyed watching them! They brought some wonderful party platters full of yummy cheese and meats to snack on! They also gave me a wonderful birthday card! I can't wait to go buy something fun for myself! Spencer worked hard all day baking my cake and getting things ready! We had a wonderful dinner and desserts! Spencer got me a wonderful book called "Reflections of Christ" and some other much needed items! My Mom made me my Christmas decoration! I grew up with one and have always wanted one of my very own! I loved this gift! My kids are going to grow up with some very fond memories of this Santa and his candy canes! Thank you Mom it means more than words can say! I love it and I love you! D.J. spent the night holding Sage and getting him to laugh and giggle. He nicknamed Sage "Spud" lets see if it sticks! I love you D.J.! He decorated my birthday cake and cooked dinner with Spencer! Jessy and John came with their little girls and I enjoyed seeing them! RaLee and Royal sat and played slap and tickle fight all night! \


I was on the phone with my Dad this morning when I gave myself this very broken toe for my birthday! It hurts so bad! I am just thankful I did not fall over the stairs when I fell and broke this toe! Amanda and John gave me a gift certificate to get a pedicure! I laughed for a while because, she had no idea what I had given myself for my birthday! I told her I would go as soon as this heals! Amanda is looking pregnant and I am so excited for her and John! I can't wait to see their little girl!


All in all I had a wonderful birthday! It was perfect thanks to so many people! I love my family, my husband and my kids! Thank you all so much!

5 comments:

mj and that girl that loves him~ said...

You R Welcome so much! We loved being there with U 2!!! I miss being around all of U! You look great! Have a great day and love u always~
Uncle Mike and Aunt Kathy ;~)

Liz said...

Glad you had a good day! I'm glad I finally got that gift done I have been "thinking" about making you one for years now. When I finished DJ said, "Mom I have to have one in my home one day!" Then he started talking about his memories with that Santa calendar and the race to be the first awake to get the candy cane. I told him that I made sure there was one for everybody but he said it just wasn't the same if you didn't get it off the decoration. Too funny. Mine is 29 years old! Wow! I have to take a good picture of that toe. It is a terrible break! Love you so much and I'm so thankful for 29 years with one of the FOUR best duaghters a mother could ask for!

Tamra and Jim said...

Happy b-day Crystal. It looks like you had a special one, except for the toe. Other than that, what a fun day you had. The decoration your mom made you is so cute. It sounds like your family took good care of you on your special day!

Jessica Caldwell said...

I only tease you about being 29 because I'm RIGHT around the cornor 13 months and 7 days isnt much younger then you. So I have every right to say I'm only going to be 28 next month HAHAHA. Your toe looked so bad you are very lucky that it was only your toe and not your foot or a toumble down those stairs. I love you and look forward to many more birthdays with you.

Chandy said...

Wow, that toe looks like it hurt! I hope it feels (and looks) better soon... 29 is not old, it's just a graceful move into the thirties...

Hugs,
Carolyn