Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chipped Baby Teeth

Since Wayne was a newborn he has suffered from abdominal migraines. The pain of the migraine is felt in his stomach and not in his head. This is a very long story cut very short. At age 4 they finally diagnosed him and put him on some trial medication for a couple of months. This medicine completely destroyed his teeth. Wayne had to have 30 plus cavities taken care of. Spencer and I decided to have this surgery to save his 4 top front teeth and 4 bottom front teeth. He also had to have metal caps and a bunch of other work done. Mind you they are only baby teeth. All of this work needed to be done or it would have affected his adult teeth. With all that being said...................

Today Wayne was lying on the ground holding this rock and some how dropped it on his own face. He started screaming and crying. He ran up to me with blood on his lips. When he opened his mouth I noticed that 4 of his front teeth were chipped. Can you believe he chipped 4 of them?!!????? Are you kidding me? We are still paying the dentist for these teeth and they are now chipped? Do we go to the Dentist? Or, do we just let him roam around for the next 2 years until, they fall out looking all chipped and funky? I am voting for chipped and funky! To top things off he was so excited to but his pieces of chipped teeth under his pillow tonight! I wonder does the tooth fairy come for self induced chipped teeth? I told him he needed to come up with a better story. Other than, I dropped a big rock on my own face! Do you need to go to the Dentist for chipped baby teeth?

7 comments:

Liz said...

I say have the dentist file the sharp edges and leave it alone. He will start losing those teeth soon. I've surprised he hasn't already lost a couple front teeth as it is. I need to look at them up close I hugged him goodnight but forgot to look at his teeth tonight. I think he might listen to you the next time you tell him to get the rock out of the house or someone might get hurt. :) Maybe mom knows what she is talking about.

Amanda Griggs said...

I can't believe this little guys luck!! Maybe his mom was right when you told him over and over again that rocks are dangerous!!

Jessica Caldwell said...

I'm sorry Crystal that sucks, I'm not sure uf her needs to see his dentist. Maybe Rustin would know? Kids sometimes have the worst luck.

Jessica Caldwell said...

Ok my typing was way off on that let me try again.

"I'm not sure if he needs to see his dentist"

mj and that girl that loves him~ said...

Just reading your blog made my teeth hurt! lol poor guy~ hope things work out. Forsure get them evened out so he can't hurt himself with them that way.

Chandy said...

I'm so sorry! Is he in pain? Did he hurt his gums at all? Since they are baby teeth, maybe you don't have to.

Hope he remembers how painful that was...

Sharron said...

It's a wonder mothers survive some of these boys, isn't it?

You have a tough call, but for what it is worth this is my inexpert opinion. If there are no lasting effects on his permanent teeth, it might be time for him to learn to live with the consequences of his actions,especially if he is ignoring his parents about dangers. I have had to deal with not teaching some of those lessons early enough and it can get awfully expensive. $$ is just part of it. It costs mentally, emotionally, spiritually and can threaten relationships. Sounds hard nosed, I know, but I wouldn't wish the our last couple of years on anyone ... and I am very aware that it could have been much worse.