Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Lights!

Spencer and I love decorating our home for Christmas. When we were shopping around for a new home. We both insisted that our house have alot of pop outs so we could hang lots of lights! Well last year, we got into a huge argument because Spencer refused to go higher than the garage. I said I would do it but, being 3 months pregnant that was not a grand idea. Every time we drove by a 2 story I would say something under my breath "he managed to get his lights WAY UP there" and so on it went! This year I decided to drop it and try and be happy with my garage lights. Spencer surprised me and said lets go buy some lights. I am going to the top! I never hopped into a car so fast! I was not letting him chicken out me!






I have to give a myself a little pat on the back. I made my star out of an old crib and some lights. I thought I was pretty clever! I need to make a few more!

As you can see the king of this castle made it to the middle! Maybe next year he will make it all the way to the top! As for me, I am thrilled with my house! Thank you Honey for risking life and limbs as he puts, it to make me happy! I think he secretly likes the end product just as much as I do!
Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad I got to come over this evening and see all your hard work. It is so pretty and really your house is the prettiest on the block. Can't wait to see the other stars up that Spence and you made this evening! Especially the big one! Your tree is so pretty and vibrant...just like Trey wanted.

Tamra and Jim said...

oh, it's beautiful. What did you put in your windows? I need some of that...whatever it is. Tell me your secret. Spencer did a great job. Looks like a scary place to go to me!

Eldredge Family said...

I have white mini blinds. I cut the ornaments out of green and red construction paper and taped them to the windows. I made the big red bows or you can buy some for cheep at Walmart. One window has the kids $store santa hats on it. The candy canes were the 1$ candy canes from Walmart! Then I just tapped lights around the windows! It was fun. I have 2 more stars to hang. Grandma Reidhead inspired I have always liked her big star on top of her house!

Jessica Caldwell said...

Your house looks really good you two work so well together. It makes my fence look like small potatoes. I love the star's they also reminded me of Grandma Reidhead.

Amanda Griggs said...

I LOVE IT! I told John, THIS IS WHAT I WANT! TOMORROW!!!

Taralee said...

You're house looks GREAT! I love all the colors! Very nice of your hubby to do that for you!

mj and that girl that loves him~ said...

Thanks sweety, can't wait to see u 2! The house looks great! You all did an awesome job! We're in Kingman, it's 3 a.m., can't sleep.
LOL nothing new..
Talk to u soon~

Liz said...

Now you have to post an updated photo with the New Bigger star on the top. You guys makes such a great team!

Chandy said...

Great job! The lights look great! It reminds me of your beautiful tree.

Bell Family said...

Great Job, It looks very jolly and festive. Merry Christmas.

Sharron said...

Poor Stephen, Mariah saw this and put the pressure on! He was on top last night with his little camping headlight on!