I feel that is very important that my boys get their Eagle in the Scouting program. I was so excited when William turned 8 years old and was ready to join Scouts!
I cried when I got him all ready for his first meeting! On March 18th 2009 Spencer, me and the whole entire gang went to Home Depot late that night. We took William there too show him all the tools and let him and the boys hammer, screw and drill wood. We were trying to pass off some of William’s requirements for Scouts. We had so much fun that night. We came home and William sat beside me on the couch while I nursed Sage. We looked through his Wolf book at the things he needed to do to become a Wolf. We were so excited for him to get his Wolf. I signed Will’s scout book with one hand and nursed Sage with the other. That was the last time I saw Sage alive, a few seconds later I carried him upstairs and laided him down to sleep. I felt so blessed and happy that night. So proud to have 4 boys that the Lord gave to me to raise. 4 eagle Scouts one day!
The next morning Sage was born into Heaven. The last few moments I spent with Sage, was with William talking about getting his Wolf.
William is a very picky eater and for over a year he has been terrified to drink the Wolf’s blood in order to get his Wolf! (TRADITION). He knew he could not chicken out in front of all of his little buddies so he “MANNED" UP” and chugged the Wolf’s blood down! I just knew he was going to hurl all over the stage…….but he did not! I was so proud of him!
Here he is getting his Wolf, 1 gold arrow, and 4 silver arrow points! I did everything I could not to cry in front of everyone. William got to pin his Momma and when I looked into his eyes he was tearing up. He just whispered to me and said Sage. Daddy had to pin me.
I am so proud of Will and all he has done this past year. I think he deserves every award in the world. He has been brave, true and strong through all of this. When we got to the car, He said Mom that was so hard, I remember everything, about the last time we were with his “little Sagers”. He said he knew Sage is so proud of him for getting his Wolf. We bought pepperoni pizza and root beer to celebrate the night.
I don’t know if I will ever be able to go to a pack night without thinking about Sage and our last night together. I mean………..do the math how many boys do I have…….times how many pack meetings do I have left to endure with out crying? I really wonder.
I had 2 good friends sitting around me that had their own tears to hold back. I thought of them and their trials, I held back tears for them and just prayed that they would endure the night.
8 comments:
I wanted to be there so bad...but my kid needed me to pick her up from school...I guess she wouldn't appreciate walking home (lol). I really don't know why things happen the way they do or when they do I just have to hold onto my faith and pray for peace. This entire thing sucks!
Pack meetings will get easier . . . with time , of course. I have to wonder what kind of boys you have in your pack. Ours were so out of control here that it was hard to feel anything , that would make it easier for you! Or maybe I was just too old to be back in cub scouting . . hum-m-m.
But seriously, as all of these firsts move behind you, it will help. There will always be little reminders, but they become little happy nudges that let you know that Sage is busy, happy, and his is happy for his family and all that they are doing.
I'm so proud of William, he sure has had to be the older, braver brother these last six months. What a special memory of Sage that the two of you will always have. I love you!
GO WILLIAM
What a special story. It's neat your kids can still hold onto their memories of Sage. They will be so happy when they get to see him again someday. Congrats on the Wolf. That's exciting.
That is a special memory you share. Will is growing up into a mature young man, and that is wonderful he earned his wolf!
This post brought me to tears. I've been complaining about having to make so many pinewood derbys someday. I'm so glad you have this special shared memory with Will, you two have a cherished connection that can carry you throughout his scouting journey.
Scouting is a lot of work. I was the bear leader for a little over 2 years. Boys are crazy during that time of their lives, but they sure have fun learning how to be men. Good luck with all the projects and activities. He's gonna love them. CONGRATULATIONS Will you have a great start! Enjoy the upcoming years scouting is full of lots of fun.
Oh man have I missed a lot or what! Congratulations to Will, he's a cool kid, just like his Mom and Dad! Your such a special person to me as your whole family is. I love you all!
Great pictures and the house is awesome, we'll have to come by and see it
Always and forever in our prayers~
You have such great memories, though laced with bitter bits... Sage is now your ultimate cheerleader and reminder that nothing is impossible with love and support.
Way to go, Will! I can't wait for Ian to turn 8 next year and join the Scouting program. I know he'll have so much fun and great lessons to learn.
Post a Comment