Doctrine and Covenants 20:70
“Every member of the church of Christ having children is to bring them unto the elders before the church, who are to lay their hands upon them in the name of Jesus Christ, and bless them in his name”.
I get so excited to have the opportunity to dress my babies all in white and have them blessed at church. I feel that is a perfect time to thank our loving Heavenly Father for the gifts we have received by giving us these perfect infant’s.
I bought my shadow boxes the week that Sage passed away…7 months later I finally got them done! I think they turned out so nice! Each child was so excited to see what they wore. Also to hear the story about their blessing day. I was happy that they were so excited about there little outfit as much as I was! When I got to Sages box all of my kids got teary eyed. We sure do miss that little fella William said.
I want to have a vinyl sign made or vinyl lettering done that says “BLESSINGS”. Or something along those lines!
William LaMar Reid!
Royal Wayne
Treyton Reece
Jayden RayAnn! My Mother hand made this dress. There is 140 yards of ribbon hand sewn into Jay Jay’s dress! I love her blessing dress! I need a new camera you can not see any of the fine details that are on this dress! The glass in Jayden’s box shattered all over the living room floor. It took me an hour to pick it all up! I am waiting for the new glass to come in.
Sage Lawrence, his little shoes have tiny baseballs on each foot.
I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the little Spirits that he has sent to me and my home. Each and every one of them has taught me so much. I am thankful for the opportunity that I have been given to be a Mother to these five babies!
16 comments:
Oh I LOVE those! That is an awesome idea!
Crystal this is so beautiful and unique!
What a wonderful way to remember each Blessing day!
I hope one day I can enjoy this same experience.
Crystal, you have such a way with decorating and making things look so nice. I love your ideas.
They turned out so nice! I can't wait to see the wording on the wall above it it's going to look amazing. Love you
I have been trying to get that done for my girls for years. Maybe some day. I should do it for the grandkids, huh? Which room are you going to put them in?
They are in my really big room. The wall where my china cabinet used to be. I will have to take pictures of where I but them!
Gorgeous! It makes me wish I hadn't blessed my girls in the same dress. Although I guess I can frame that one and do something with all of their pictures or something.
You have such an eye....I want to fly you out to help with my house!
"Heavenly Blessings" would be nice...You've done a wonderful job...
What a beautiful legacy and collection to show them of their worth in your family! I love each one... You again gave me another idea... Sage is one lucky fella!
How special those all are! You have such talent. Where do you buy boxes like those?
crystal, the second comment from danica was actually from me, Tamra. I didn't know she was logged in on my computer.
I LOVE it Crystal. I've been meaning to do this as well. You've inspired me to get on it. I've always thought a nice saying above it would be "count them one by one" oR "Blessings. Count them one by one." Can't wait to see the after pics. Good job!
Btw, I love your master bedroom too. You are amazing! How do you do all this anyway?
Crystal- you do not know who I am I blog stalk you from Cori White's blog. I have been praying for you and your family. Anyway my reason for writing is I own a vinyl plotter and would love to do your vinyl lettering for you as a gift. I have grown so much from your strenght and example. Thank you for sharing. A sign I've done before w/blessing pictures isn Our Blessings From Above. and Our eternal blessings. Just thoughts.
Autumn
I love them! It was a lot of work to get them all done, but they look wonderful!! You're right about how big of a box Isabelle would need. LOL! Great job!
Hello,
You have done a beautiful job...one that is sure to last for a very long time. Children love to see something of theirs on display...it makes them feel so important. Also, I'm sure that seeing Sage's outfit on display makes them feel better too...like he will never be forgotten and it is still ok to talk about him, etc. You are very sweet to do that for your children.
Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog about us having another baby after a tragedy. I was finding that if I thought about having another baby too much that I was getting more and more fearful. My husband really confirmed for me (after much prayer) that it was the right decision when he just had faith that it was the right thing to do without reading all of the risky statistics of having another baby at my age of 42, etc.
We have never regretted our decision although it has brought us both joy and has helped to bring up more grief over our previous loss.
I will pray for peace and for you and your family no matter what the number of babies :) You are an inspration to me when I read your blog because I cannot seem to get motivated since Caleb's death and you have done just the opposite after Sage's passing! My husband probably wishes that I would work my grief out in that way!
With love and hope my friend,
Cheryl
Post a Comment