Tuesday, September 29, 2009

In 2009 we took a little trip……..

Saturday we packed up and drove to Holbrook Arizona my Home town. If you have ever been there you can insert your own opinion here(~~~~~~~~)! As for me I will keep my thoughts about Hellbrook, I mean Holbrook to myself!

We stopped and had a little picnic at Christopher's Creek. The kids had fun hiking and playing in the water!  Jayden had fun gathering pinecones and flowers! It is at these times that we miss Sage the most. Doing things as a family is good but, you miss him more and wonder sometimes why?

IMG_1360

IMG_1340 IMG_1345

 

IMG_1337

We took the kids to old court house in Holbrook to look around. I think they had fun going down into the old jail cells! The look on William’s face sorta tells you how much fun they were having! LOL!

IMG_1372

We stopped in at the Dinosaur rock shop………seriously the boys thought it was so cool! Me not so much! I think those rocks have been there since I was born!

IMG_1390

We went and visited my grandma Reidhead! The kids had fun playing with  trucks and terrorizing my Aunts cats. Poor cats! See the big gulp next to grandma???? Yes I inherited my bad habit from Grandma…that and my boobs! Thanks Grandma! My Grandma is always busy doing some project or another. She sure is alot of fun to have around! IMG_1396

IMG_1397 IMG_1398 IMG_1400

This is my Aunt Karolyn! She and my Aunt Molly made Kari’s wedding cake! They were adding the last minute touches to the cake stand! The cake turned out beautiful!

 

IMG_1403-1

We had a good trip to my old stomping grounds! It was fun to see family and friends all enjoying the wedding!  It was a fun visit but, I was so happy to reach the top of the Hill and look down and see the lights of the Valley beaming down below! I was glad to be home! Then we looked at the temperature outside and started to laugh! I guess no place is perfect!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like the kids enjoyed themselves. Glad you got pictures of them with their Great Grandma that will be special to them one day.

Sharron said...

It is fun to hear the perspective that each of us who spent years in Holbrook has. It is usually a mixed bag.

That wedding looked amazing!!

Jessica Caldwell said...

Ok that loooks like a ton of fun! Grandma looks good her hair is different. Holbrook sure hasn't changed much has it.

Mariah said...

I remember going to the old court house and thinking the jail cells were so scary. I bet they'd like the dinosaur rock shop too. I've thought it would be fun to take our kids there someday too. I'm glad you were able to have some time up there. Good ol' "radiator springs". I think of Holbrook every time we watch Cars.

Amanda Griggs said...

Hellbrook is just that. I have to brace myself every time we drive there. It isn't a place that is on my top ten places to see before I go. I think I inherited the big gulp thing too! Too funny!