skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Lucky #5
Painting and doing projects around the house is the one of the things that has helped me deal with things. I will post pictures later of my many other projects that have kept me busy.
I found 2 of these little end tables in my brother Doy Jay storage shed. They had my name written all over them! Doy said I could have them if I promised to take care of them!
With a little of sanding and coats of paint I got these! Browns with a little touch of yellow! I was not that happy with them but they would have to do.
Monday I got sick of looking at these guys and gave them a makeover! I officially love them! They know match my black entertainment center and look so pretty in my living room!
One of the many tender mercies that I have received during all of this heartache. I decided to take the back off of these, sand and paint them. When my paint brush painted over the right hand side of this end table this #5 showed up! I started to cry. Sage was reminding that I do have 5 children! The #5 is always on my mind. I was excited and happy to have a little reminder of Sage! Part of me feels so quietly having so much free time to do these many projects. If Sage where here I would be busy chasing a toddler around and not doing a project. Seeing this #5 show up gave me the peace I needed not to feel guilty about my projects!

13 comments:
Oooh..they look so good black! I'm jealous of those, what a fabulous find.
except I tend to paint EVERYTHING black. I need to find another color. :)
I love your tender mercy. Heavenly Father is so aware of us, and sometimes it happens in funny ways.
so sweet!
they look great.
The end tables turned out great!! It was so good to see you today and see that you are doing better and keeping busy as always. I just wanted to let you know how amazing I think you are and what a great example you are of a mother! That's so neat that the 5 showed up when you were painting - that Sage loves you so much!! If you ever need anything, I'm 5 steps away!
They are great end tables. Very cute. And, what a sweet and tender mercy that you felt. It's amazing to know that He hears and answers prayers no matter how small.
I know to some it may seem our imagination every time we have a little "message/miracle" take place or they think we are trying to read more into it. But none the less it brings so much comfort and peace.
They look awesome black!
It is wonderful that we are surrounded by those who looking out for us from the other side of the veil. We need those reminders that there is more and better to come. This old world is a tough place sometimes and we need more than what is there in our "every day".
Oh, and I love the end tables, I'd love to see them in person!
The end tables look beautiful. What a neat experience to uncover that "5" while you were painting. Very sweet.
I love your tables, you are so talented. And I really love your new header too. Thanks for sharing your sweet experience.
You did a great job!
i love the black look. so classy.
sweet #5 reminder :)
He is missing you too!!
You are so great...doing all these projects. The table looks great. I am glad you are able to recognize those tender mercies and find peace. We love you guys and pray for you daily.
Black looks great on furniture! You did a great job and I think that #5 was Sage's way of approving on your great job.
Post a Comment