Monday, September 21, 2009

Painting 101!

IMG_1255

I thought I would post some pictures of my kitchen.  I painted it all by myself and enjoyed every second of it. I am realizing this is a talent that I possess! I have a perfect eye for detail and straight lines! I really like the colors and have enjoyed having the walls painted! No more flat white "UGLY” paint! WOW HOO!

I have a few more rooms to paint in our house. I look forward to spending some time with the roller and getting those painted as well!

IMG_1256

 

IMG_1257

 

IMG_1262

IMG_1263

IMG_1269

13 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

You never cease to amaze me! It look awesome Crystal! Good job!

Tara said...

It looks so great Crystal!! You did a really good job. You wanna come help me paint my upstairs?? JK I keep putting it off and putting it off because I on the other hand are not looking forward to it but am also so sick of the ugly flat white walls.

Lara Neves said...

It looks wonderful! You'll have to tell us your painting tips...I have a lot more to do, and I wasn't quite happy with the detail work in the kitchen. :)

Danielle said...

Loving that color! Great choice.

Sharron said...

I do love that color! My mom went blue/green crazy for years and I could hardly stand to look at it. Fast forward, I keep catching myself putting it all around me now.

When you get through, you can come paint at my house . . . and I'm not JK! Have no pride and knowing me, it still won't be done!!

Painting tips would be a great post!

Tamra and Jim said...

I LOVE the color you chose. Green just warms things up and it looks so homey. I painted my bedroom a green color last year and I still really like it.

Liz said...

I love your new colors. It looks a little different in the photos the shade is off a bit it actually looks better in person. I think it looks so cheery and country/comforting.

You really do have a talent for painting I noticed every little line around the counters and stove VERY straight and clean. Good job!

Cody and Danica said...

i love painting too! people think i am crazy but i love how it just changes the feel of a whole room! 3 days before my "due" date i went over to my friends house and painted her front room and kitchen. who does that when they're nine months pregnant? obviously I was desperate yet it didn't pay off one bit! I really could paint all day tho. I get so much thinking done and it totally relaxes me (until the sore muscles the next day)

Jessica Caldwell said...

I think you did an awesome job your kitchen looks so nice. I think I like to paint but I'm not sure how good I'am

Amanda Griggs said...

LOVE the new colors!!!

mj and that girl that loves him~ said...

Great job Crystal! Hopefully Friday I can see it in person! TTYL

Carolyn said...

Looks great Crystal! I can't wait to see it in person sometime. :)

Mariah said...

It looks fabulous! I'm excited to see more pictures of the other rooms too. It looks SO nice.