Thursday, September 17, 2009

1 tent + tinfoil dinners = a 1 priceless night!

IMG_1186 Last Friday night Spencer and I decided to let the kids have a campout in our living room! All of them were so excited to see our tent going up!

IMG_1193  Spencer calls the the extra room on our  tent the guest bedroom! We did not realize the tent was so big!

IMG_1213 We spent the evening playing croquet in the backyard, eating tinfoil dinners, roasting marshmallows and story reading in the tent!

 

IMG_1225 Jeremy, Kat and Buffy our next door neighbors spent the evening with us. Jeremy was the teaching the boys how to make flaming marshmallows! Shame on you!

IMG_1215

IMG_1227 William said he had this much fun!!!!!

IMG_1241 IMG_1237 IMG_1239

We stayed up late and played cards, while the kids played in the tent until they finally fell fast to sleep! Apparently Trey is telling us to “PEACE OUT”! Our campout was “FREE” and the kids loved every minute of it!

8 comments:

Amanda Griggs said...

That looks like a blast! I love how creative you guys get and how much fun everyone has!!!

Sharron said...

LOL Tents do grow when you set them up inside, don't they? Such a great idea, and on a school night . . . your kids are darn lucky, I never was bendable when my were little and missed some special times.

Eldredge Family said...

It was last Saturday night not a school night and church starts at 2pm!

Carolyn said...

How fun! That's my kind of camping!

Danielle said...

That tent is huge!

What a fun night! I will have to try that with my godkids.

Jessica Caldwell said...

That was a great idea I love indoor camping and flaming marshmallows are so cool looking.

debra said...

you are the COOLEST mom EVER! how fun and that will be a memory that will last forever! i bet your kids will do this with their kids someday! Youre awesome!

Chandy said...

Ok, I don't visit for a while and you manage to have all this fun without me! LOL

I think your kind of camping is something I can aspire to do; not much of a nature girl. ;-) Glad you had a great time.