Saturday, May 2, 2009

Boy's Room!

Here is Trey, Wayne's and Will's new room. Spencer, Amanda and I all painted this room! Spencer paints the roof and the baseboards. I am the roller! He refuses to roll and I refuse to use the paint brush! Like I said we are a good team! Mom helped decorate this room as well. William thanked us over and over again for decorating the new rooms. He said it cheered him up a little. I am glad we were able to do something that cheered our kids up!


Making sure everything was level!

These pictures of the children praying hung in my room as a child. I have always loved them.

Our family loves Monster Trucks! All of the pictures on the walls are of our past years at Monster Jam.


William and Wayne painted these pictures for Sage at school. I am thankful for the school for providing such a good counselor for them.

The picture of Jesus Christ holding the baby on the right of this picture was given to us by a beautiful friend in our Ward. Although this woman is pregnant and has 2 little ones at home, she came to my home late one evening and took loads of my dirty laundry home with her. She made us homemade bread and gave us this beautiful picture of Christ holding the baby. This picture of Christ has been perfect for our boys and how grateful I am for this picture. I am so grateful for all the service that everyone gave to me and my family. On one hand you are so over come with grief, on the other hand you feel such an outpouring of love from so many people. I will never be able to thank everyone for all of the love we have received. So many people did so much for us. Most of the acts of service were just done without my knowledge as to who did what for my family. The pure love of Christ is what we have felt and received. I pray that I will never forget all that was done for us.Thank you all!

11 comments:

dragonflyz in June said...

The new room is absolutely lovely, you can tell it was put together with lots of love! I am so happy and touched as well that the school has made the extra efforts to help your children through their loss, above and beyond. Each time I think of your loss I cry for you, I cannot imagine the degree and depth of pain you are feeling. May God Bless you all! I have always loved the pictures of the children praying, but most especially the one of Jesus holding the baby, it is beautiful and I intend to one day have a copy!
Peace and Blessings
Crystal

Sharron said...

This is really neat. Sure wish my grandsons had a grandma as good as your boys have. They would have a really cool room too! Maybe "next week".

Liz said...

Their room turned out nice as well. I'm glad they feel happy together in their new room and that you have that feeling of organization and everything in its place that you need...especially now.
Your a good mom and your children won't always be so sad because they have a mom and dad that have faith in the Savior and love enough for everyone. Your children are growing up in a home full of love, laughter, praise, hope and faith. All will be well.
Like you said many people have reached out to your family and hundreds of prayers have been offered up on your behalf. As much as you want your children to be happy, loved and hopeful so does your Heavenly Father wish the same for you, his daughter. The place he is preparing you, for each of us, will be done so with as much love and care as you and Spencer put into your childrens rooms.
LYTE

Chandy said...

That is one great room Crystal! No wonder they love it. That picture of Christ holding a baby is beautiful and I'm glad someone was inspired to give you one. It's amazing how love and service can lift up even those that deep in pain. What a true balm for our wounds.

Enjoy your Sunday...

Tanza said...

Gosh, I don't even know you, but have been following you trough all your grief, and now, you're a testimony to me and so many others I'm sure.. We as a family have lifted you all in prayer, and as a Church as well.. We serve an amazing Lord, and to see you feel lifted and strength thru this is just amazing.. God is good and loving..You truly are an inspiration.. Your family is adorable and their new rooms are simply the sweetest..What a way to lift all your spirits.. Blessings to each of you.. hugs ~tea~

Anonymous said...

The room makeovers look great! I live in Corpus Christi, Texas and thought of you many times as we visited our family in Mesa last weekend. We were at the Monster Jam on Sunday afternoon (4/26). Maybe I should have been looking for your family. It would have been great to meet you in person. I have continued to ask the Lord to grace you with His presence and give you joy in the days to come.
Blessing from a sister in Christ, Sharon

Taralee said...

The room turned out so good. I love that picture of Jesus holding the baby...it's perfect.
You guys doing all this painting and re-modeling and whatnot makes me anxious to get my own house someday and paint whatever I want. Someday...

Beth said...

I think about you and your family on such a regular basis and wish there was something I could do to help. I love the rooms. They are so beautiful, just as your family is.

Alisha said...

The room looks awesome! My brother had the same color room as a teenager. :)

PS - Make sure you check out the annual Tuesday F. Whitt Blog Party, going on till the 12th! Let's kick pediatric cancer's butt one dollar at a time! Go to http://www.fundraiserblog.blogspot.com/

Chandy said...

I still love that room!

Crystal, I changed my blog address. It is now

htpp://complicatedsimplicity96.blogspot.com

Chandy said...

Happy Mother's Day, Crystal!

Big hugs!