Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My little Garden

I bet your sick of seeing pictures of my little garden. I really enjoy being outside. It is so easy to get caught up in the everyday business that this life has to offer. Sometimes its nice just to turn off the world and get your hands dirty. It gives me a chance to be quite and just listen to my own thoughts. The Spirit of the Holy Ghost comes to us with a still small voice, how can we hear it if we don't take the time to stop, be still, and listen to what he has to say to us on a daily basis. This is why I love to garden.
Trey helping Mom water the potato plant! I really don't think it is going to make it but I will keep on trying!

I have GRAPES! Going into my 3rd year with these plants and finally baby grapes! I cried when I saw I finally had grapes!

Watermelons!

Pumpkins! I love making a meal in a pumpkin. It is so yummy! So yes I am trying to grow pumpkins again. I have to be successful! One day I will eat a pumpkin from my own garden!

Cantalope's!

8 comments:

Liz said...

It's looking good and the grapes are really doing well! They are so fun to have both pretty and good to eat. I'm proud of you.

Chandy said...

What a garden! I'll help you pick some of those grapes. LOL

You have to show me the canteloupes when they fruit ok? I would love to see one connected to a plant! Love the new backgroud, btw...

I so agree, Crystal, gardening helps you slow down and think of divine topics to fill the soul. That is the main reason I garden also...

Jessica Caldwell said...

I want the watermelon ! I love how your garden is comming along it looks really good.

Pamela Lin Thompson said...

Crystal, you tire garden is wonderful it's really coming along. You are doing super. I also have a tire garden and have expanded it from last year and can't wait to see what we get this year. Check it out~
http://willsew4u.blogspot.com/
Blessings~

Tamra and Jim said...

Nice garden. You've done a good job. We are almost ready to plant. Can't seem to find the time to get everything done around here.

Pink Slippers said...

Looks great-- we just planted grapes and boysenberries.
I can't wait.
Wendy

Sharron said...

Gardens are goo therapy, aren't they? Right now I can';t do so many things that I needed to do outside, both practically, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I couldn't stand it amy more and went out, hooked up some of my drip system and now I'm really paying for it. DRAT! But you should see the watering job it does!! That gave me a lift, Just like I needed. Today I worked to MOTAB instead of the stuff I usually have on, it was pretty soothing. Your garden is really cute, I like it! I still have just blooms on my zucchini, can you believe it?

Lara Neves said...

I so agree with you about turning off life and doing something like that. I get the best inspiration during those times. Good luck with your garden!