Sunday, May 10, 2009

William Can Read!

William has struggled to learn how to read since his first day of Kindergarten. Spencer and I did everything we could to help him. This year in Second grade things just started to click for him! He can read!

I was so excited when he brought home his first chapter books! I thought secretly yah right like your going to sit and read a book! The Wii would have to be on fire along with the trampoline!

I walked into the living room and saw this!! Yes I cried and was so happy! My son can read! He loves to read! He told me all about the places he had been in his imagination! I just had tears falling.....he has struggled so much and now he can read. How blessed his life will be because he can read!

13 comments:

Misty Rice said...

Way to go!!! You should be very proud. I am happy for him too.

Happy Mothers Day to you....you are a beautiful mommy.

God Bless

Misty Rice said...

PS I like that song by Garth Brooks its been a long time since I have heard it.

Liz said...

William told me all about the chapter book he read and all 83 pages! He was so excited and I was so happy for him. I know it was so hard for you to tell him he couldn't play baseball this spring because he had to go to tutoring because reading was more important. That was hard for you but the pay off is a homerun that he will never forget!
Grandma is so proud of you William!

Chandy said...

That is great, Crystal! You are so right his wonderful imagination and love of reading will be his ultimate adventure for years. And since he struggled it would be more rewarding for him. What a great gift to enjoy on Mother's Day!

Hugs, Carolyn

Tamra and Jim said...

Congratulations on being a reader! I never was much of a reader. I can read pages and pages but then I have no clue what I just read! I need to work on my reading like William has been on his. Good for him to work so hard to learn!

BeckyinQC said...

I love to see kids reading. Good job! I also wanted you to know I was thinking of you today and sending lots of love your way!

Sharron said...

Oh William, I am so happy for you! reading has been one of my happiest life experiences. I am so happy for you! Enjoy the new world that has opened up for you!

Story of our Life said...

Okay..now I have tears rolling down my cheeks..and I dont' even know him, not my child, and you don't even know me.

What I know is...

I have a 6 1/2 yr old who is struggling in a very big way. So much so that we are contemplating pulling him from school and having my husband home school next year and the year after if need be...

At the end of first grade he can 'spell' it verbally - just not read it.

This gives me hope!!

I'm so happy for William and for his mommy!!

Love in Him,
Gala

Jessica Caldwell said...

Good Job William !! I'm so proud of you, reading is so much fun and I love the places books can take me. For a little while I'm a princess in a castle or I'm fighting a war!! Now you need a library card!!

soften said...

Hi Crystal,

I came across your blog through a friend. I'm so sorry about your sweet Sage. My 8 month old baby girl passed away in her sleep on January 1, 2008. I just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and wondering how your heart is doing.

There's a blog that has helped me a lot. It's a private blog for parents that have lost children. Many of us are LDS and it gives us a place to confide in others and ask for help. Please email Stephanie at (stephaniewaite@gmail.com) if you're interested in joining. She started the blog after her daughter drowned in their hot tub. Here's a link to her blog too: http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/.

I just wanted to make sure you know about the blog in case it would be helpful to you. Grief can be very lonely.

With love,
Sheryl

Bubeaner said...

Congratulations! Just by chance, has he been tested for dislexia? It's not as uncommon as people think. And if caught early, with proper training, can make learning and reading a much easier and enjoyable activity.

Carolyn said...

YAY Will! That is wonderful. That must make you feel so proud Crystal.

Kristy said...

Yay, Will! And Magic Tree House books are such awesome books for falling in love with reading!