Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nasty little Creature

Today while watering the garden I found this guy in my grapes! I do not like crawling creature's at all! "YUCK" I called Mom and asked her how to dispose of the "thing" hanging on to my grapes! She said you have to pull it off and then step on it! No way was I ever going to do such a thing! Step on it! No way! So I finally got up enough nerve, I squealed threw the entire process of getting it off the branch.
Look at him just munching away at my grapes!

I brought it in the house to show the boys.........judging by there facial reactions you can only imagine how nasty they thought it was!

William got the bright idea to cut him up with my kitchen knife!! Green stuff starting oozing out. I got sick. Then Mom goes you might have more you need to go inspect the rest of the branches. Stomach churning okay Mom! I don't like stuff like this at all! This is by far one of the grossest things I have ever done! So nasty to say the least! All the green stuff was part of my grape vines! I put some worm killer on the plant to scare off future intruders!

10 comments:

Cori White said...

yuck! leave it up to the boys to cut it up.. with your knife .. ha ha.. your garden looks great.. i love the pics and dont get sick of them at all...

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh dang... they gotta die? Ouch!

Boys will be boys... let's chop him up! Such a boy thing!

Tamra and Jim said...

Those things are so gross, huh? Sure makes you wonder where in the world they come from and how they get on your grapes. Hope your bug killer zaps any others that might be lurking around.

Sharron said...

I hate those things. The first one I ever saw was on my leg. I screamed bloody murder until my mom came out in the garden to see what was killing me . . . her when she saw it was "just a stupid worm". It must have attached as I walked by the tomato plants.

By the way, it's called FLUSH GIRL, FLUSH! Your boys . . . what can a person say . . .eeww!

Liz said...

ROFL The look on Williams face is priceless. I've seen that look many times before. Chopping it was was "over Kill" to say the least. :) You could throw the next ones behind the block wall maybe? But killing them is the best way to ensure that one won't come back for dinner.

Lara Neves said...

Yuck! i guess at least you have boys to help you out with it! My girls would be running away screaming with me! We'd have to wait for Daddy to get home, LOL!

Jessica Caldwell said...

I LOVE that William thought to cut it up!! Such a boy, my girls would have ran away screaming.

Chandy said...

Well boys can't pass up a science experiment especially if it's handed to them on a paper plate. LOL

Your worms are Moth larvas very prevalent in the western states and they do feed on grape leaves.

Mandy R said...

Crystal,

I have been following your blog for a while now and I have to admit this post cracks me up. The worm is the yuckiest thing that is good. Thank you so much for the laugh.

~Katie said...

Ewwwww, I don't like those little guys either. Glad your boys had fun with it. Yucky! :) Love your blog and your family. Thanks for sharing and just so you know, I always think of you on Thursday mornings. Prayers are with you in TN!