Remember these.......my new years goals for 2009! HAHA! Who knew what a crappy year I would end up having! Lets see how well I did this past year. I have stopped comparing myself to those around me. I can not and will not ever measure up. So I compare myself against myself. If I am doing better than I was doing the day before, then WHOO HOO that means I am having a pretty good day!
1. Try harder to not yell and control my tone of voice with my children.
-----------I sit and cuddle with them. I spend alot of time talking to them and making sure they are hanging in there!
2. Make sure my kids brush their teeth each day!
---------------(hahahaha!! yah right this year we have worked hard just to make sure the kids were clean, wearing clean clothes and had dinner on the table!! Who knew this would be a struggle for me to remember to wash clothes and cook dinner)!
3. Loose my last 20 pounds from Sage!
----------------I lost those last 20 pounds the day Sage died. It took me almost 2 months to keep food and drink in. I hate these 20 pounds......20 pounds that kept me from taking pictures with my little boy, 20 pounds I did not want photographed because I might look fat!!!!! I am no longer vain and into what I look like. It matters more what is on the inside and not the outside.
4. Find new ways to work out.
-----------------OHH please!!!!!
5. Read D&C with study guide.
-------------------We read D&C to our children.
6. Be the Best Ward Missionary I can be!
---------------------I guess we were an example to many people in the ward this year. People every where saw that really CRAPPY things can and will happened to you but, the Gospel is true and Heavenly Father loves you! I hope that is what I taught through example this year!
7. Organize my time.
-----------------I have been on the Lords time this year. I learned what really matter's in life, family and time with my family. Everything else is just NOISE getting in the way of what really matters!
8. Develop a new talent. (Sew Jayden something to wear).
--------------------I developed many new talents this year. I did learn to sew Jayden something to wear. My many talents and abblities is what has gotten me through this past year. Talents are very important to have and work on daily.
9. Simplify my life, less is more.
-------------------when you really understand what is important in life and what really matters.....the rest is just stuff.
10. Go to the Temple 6 times or more.
---------------I can not count how many hours we spent in the House of Lord this past year. Without the Blessings of the Temple I do not think I could keep an Eternal persecptive on things. I am thankful for my many blessings this year. The Lord has carried us everyday.
This year did not turn out just the way I had it all planned out in my head. Each goal I made I accomplished and I am better for it.
My only goal this year is live the best life I can. So that one day, I will be found worthy of all the blessings that Heaven has to offer.
I hope to be a better person than I was last year............
Sometimes you can't help but smile
10 years ago
8 comments:
This post made me cry. You did accomplish all of your goals that you made this year. It was a most certainly not the way any of expected. I know that you are such a special daughter of our Heavenly Father. He loves you, and knows the desires of your heart. I love you. I love you so much.
Wow. That was a long goal list and you get to put a smiley face sticker next to all of them! I am so proud of you and how awesome of a mom and friend you have continued to be throughout all of your trials this year. You really are a great example and I hope 2010 brings you all the happiness you deserve! Love you!
Wow. Crystal, you amaze me!!!
Even before Sage passed away, I always thought how incredible you were.
Heavenly Father has a strong warrior in you. What a chosen daughter you are!!!
I think you deserve extra pats on the back for accomplishing all of your goals under extreme circumstances. Love you...proud of you...your amazing.
Thanks for that NEW year that comes so that we can all focus on what WE want. I am so grateful for your example to me. For teaching me that it is not what we want but what the Lord has in store for us. I sure hope that your year is full of much more happiness than this one. Thank you for your perfect imperfections:)
You always have said that you looked up to me and what I have gone through. Now the table has been turned. Love you more than you know.
Your Cuz
Chani
Happy New Year 2010, a new year with new life, positive thoughts and never say never, right? Right.:-)
One thing I'd tell you, take a little time every week just for you ok. Your the back bone of your family, amazing women you are! As all of your sister's and Mom are. Many blessing and much happiness this new year, love from us~
Happy New Year!
I can't believe you still did so many things even with the lose of Sage. You are tuly WONDER WOMEN. I know this sounds gay but I hope 2010 will be a great year for your family. Alway with Love
This post was very touching. I love how honest you were with yourself and how the loss of Sage revealed to you what was really important on this list. You are such an amazing woman and I love to read your insight to life.
Post a Comment