Wednesday, December 2, 2009

playing with the boys

My house got silent for a few minutes, my heart panicked for a minute, silence almost always means the kids are being naughty! I peaked around the corner and to my surprise they were playing nicely! I enjoy moments like these! 

IMG_2503-1

 

IMG_2507

One of Jayden’s nursery teacher’s keeps telling me that she is not very girly and that she only plays with the boys. For some reason, this bother’s her teacher so much. Jayden has girl toys but, she loves to play with trucks, dinosaurs and other boy toy’s! Jayden insists on being all dolled up everyday. She loves her pink room, ponies, cute clothes, and her princess dresses! So I say who cares if she likes to play with the boys! After, all she has 3 brothers on earth and 1 in heaven. As I see it she is completely surrounded by boys!! Jayden plays with Bella next door and her girl cousins so I think she will turn out just fine! For now, I love that she loves to play with the boys! She does not call them her brothers she refers to them as “HER BOYS”!

IMG_2512

 

IMG_2513-1

7 comments:

Amanda Griggs said...

Quietness is always scary! This morning Izzy got quiet and when I peered around the corner she nearly had John's gift unwrapped.

I love that Jayden has her own personality!!! Who cares if she doesn't play with dollies. She still likes to be dressed up and pretty!

Kristy said...

Yes, she will be just fine! I grew up with 5 brothers and I played army in the field with them growing up and whatever other games they played out in the dirt, but I always had my cabbage patch doll with me in the trenches!

Tamra and Jim said...

I wouldn't worry one bit about Jayden. She seems pretty self confident and knows what she likes and doesn't like. Your kids are so good to play together so well. That's impressive!

Liz said...

Everyone is right Jayden will be just fine! I played with my brother and 3 boy cousins no girls...I'm not going to say I turned out okay but I could be worse :) LOL
Quietness always was a scary thing in my house so I'm glad you found them happy and playing.

Lacey said...

Crystal- I grew up with 3 older brothers too. I did all the boy things and even insisted on wearing my brothers clothes! I think I turned out fine too! No worries!! She is just really well rounded and her future husband will appreciate all the toughness when she is older! ;)

Grandma a/k/a Kathy said...

Hi Crystal, I blog stalk you from your mom's blog. But I have to comment on your post. I grew up as the only girl with 5 brothers and the only girl in our neighborhood with about 11 boys. It made me very resourceful, independent, and strong. Of course, I learned some other things that girls probably shouldn't know how to do...(lol) but I agree with your mom, she will be fine and there is nothing better than having brothers for best friends! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Playing with "her boys" is good for her. It'll create a little engineer brain in her head. ;D I love that she calls them her boys. I think it's great that she's all dressed up cute as can be but still loves all the cool toys boys get. My boys always play with the kitchen in nursery, and the leaders think it's hilarious when they "cook" the dolls. She'll turn out great...she's got an awesome set of parents raising her!