Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

My Mom is so good at sharing our story and taking wonderful pictures! So here is our weekend from Grandmas Reidhead's blog!

Easter

Once again I have more blessing than I can count or catch in an umbrella. The Lord has truly blessed me with a wonderful family that literally wraps their arms around me and lets me know they care!

I am missing my little boy more today than I did the day he passed away. He would be almost 2 years old and I am missing him. I miss the joy that a 2 year would bring with him. I miss his presence in everything we do.

Saturday, night I felt that the mouth of hell had opened and was trying to literally destroy me and my spirit. He tried so very hard to pull me down into a gulf of misery but, after hours of prayer , I felt the peace that can only come from a Loving Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ. I felt the grief and tears being lifted and I was able to breath once again. I was able to see the good that surrounds me and my family. Everyday is a gift and every second that I am allowed to be with these little children is a sacred moment in time. I have made many goals since Sage moved on. One goal for me has been to continue on and enjoy the rest of my life. I have to find the joy in my journey. So even though I do not think this photo is picture perfect...it will be someday...and that is all the reason to live today too the fullest. Try to make the best of whatever situation the Lord has given you.


I am thankful for the wonderful messages we received this Easter conference weekend. The Heavens are not silent. Heavenly Father loves my family and is aware of our needs. I know that he provided a way for our family to be together forever. "The End will be better than the beginning"!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so thankful that you continue to look for the positive, remain faithful and therefor always finding hope in your situation. You are such and example and inspiration to all who come in contact with you...love you

Mariah said...

Beautiful post from a beautiful mother. I loved that talk too. I thought of you family often during many of the talks and sent a little hug your way each time. Saturday sounds like it was awful, I'm glad you were able to find some comfort.

On a totally random note your yard is looking beautiful!

Cheryl said...

((hugs)) to you, my friend.

You are "doing it" every moment of every day. You are continuing on, by the grace of God.

I get sad when I look at pictures of my "family" and Caleb is not included. It will never be complete on this side of Heaven again.

We have the promise though of eternal life in Heaven and that is my fervent prayer for my family. Blessed Assurance.

With love and hope,
Cheryl

Lara Neves said...

Crystal, I am always so impressed with your attitude and faith in Christ. I know it is incredibly difficult for you, but I appreciate the way you look to the Lord. I have another friend who lost a baby shortly after you did, and I feel so sad when I read her thoughts because she lacks that faith. You inspire so many people.

Your children are beautiful, and I'm sure you always imagine Sage standing there with them, and I'm sure he is there.

Happy Easter! You have brought home the reason why this is such a glorious day.