Today the said swing set just decided to fall over. No wind, no one swinging on it, it just decided its time was over. It is cracked and falling apart. I am just wondering does stuff like this happen to other people all the time too? I mean or am I just special? I know I know.....no one was on it, no one got hurt, and it could have been worse than it was blah blah blah......but really? I picked out a small swing set, I stayed in a budget and shopped around for it. I wanted to spend some of Sages life insurance money on the kids and get them something that would bring them joy. I have 4/5/6 children and is it too much to ask...to have a small swing set in my back yard? I paid almost 500$ for the thing. Now here it lies in a pile of wood scraps literally each peace of wood is cracked and broken. See why I am feeling just a tad upset? I try my hardest to not get upset about things...broken ankles...blah blah blah but, when something little like this happens I tend to find myself wondering? Is someone literally picking on me? Like waiting for just the right moment to push my buttons to the edge of crazy? I will get over this just like I get over everything else. Like how I got over having to get rid of the trampoline because of Trey's last broken leg. Sorry to vent and wonder why? Sometimes it is the little things that really irritate me the most! I sound like a snooty, up tight crabby person but honestly you get tired of laughing about every little bump in the road. Sometimes, you want to stop and cry and yell at the top of your lungs that hurts!
Sometimes you can't help but smile
10 years ago
7 comments:
Wow, that is crazy. Stephen got one like this, made out of 2X4's in lots of places. It was free for the hauling off if I remember right. Now I know why. He replaced lots of the 2X4's with 4X4's and it seems to be OK and those little Monkeys they are raising put it to the test.
Frankly, I should think that it would last better than that, even in that hot weather!
Oh, I'm de-stalking myself...back when your son passed away someone posted your blog on a comment...anyhoo...I am so sorry about the loss of your son (hopefully doesn't sound odd since you don't know me). YES, it is ok to be upset when there are bumps in the road. Don't let it bottle up and thanks for being so honest on youtr blog!
Ugh It is one thing after another for your family and I can see where that would make you upset. It would make anyone upset.
What is that saying? "God will never give you more than you can handle". You are a strong family!
About the swingset though, I would call the manufacturer right away. This should be recalled before other kids get hurt, and you should be refunded.
OH MY!!! That is so crazy! Grandma has had her swing set and trampoline for 30+ years, why can't we have either for more than a year? it doesn't make any sense. I love you Chris!
So sorry for the continued trials. It is ok to stop and yell and tell God exactly how you are feeling...he loves it when we communicate with Him. As someone said at Caleb's funeral...God has broad shoulders. He can "take it".
Glad to hear that your ultrasound went swimmingly! I am so happy for you and your family.
With love and hope,
Cheryl
I'm another blog stalker. Congrats on the news about a girl, so fun! And yes, I would be upset too, and not even in the same boat as you. Especially since you used the life insurance money for it, that would really make me upset. I'm sorry that you have to endure yet another bump along the way.
Yay for your baby GIRL!
I totally think it is okay to yell and scream and cry if you want!
You have been through a lot and I don't know how you handle it all.
Sorry about the play set, that doesn't seem right.
Post a Comment