Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July!

We went to Heber Arizona for the fireworks. We go almost every year and every year we have such a good time. All of the kids were running around playing and I noticed someone laying under the blankets not wanting to play. I walked over and found out it was William. He was crying, he misses his baby brother Sage. He was feeling guilty having so much fun without him here.

I layed down beside Will and started talking about what the earth might look like from Sages point of view. We talked about how many fireworks Sage will get to see and how beautiful that would be from Heaven! I told him that Sage would want him to have fun and not be so sad. That Mommy was sad but that we have to have fun! He seemed to cheer up a little bit after we took some pictures!


My sweet little girl! I love how she lays on her tummy and kicks that leg up in the air! She does this all the time!

We had a huge group of family with us! Everyone brought tons of food and we made sure we ate tons! The kids just ate junk and more junk food! I found marshmallows the size of my fist those were a huge success!

Jessy's little girls! Haven and Katy are such good friends! These three love each other so much. It is so sad when we have to send Haven back home to her Mom.

Once again we tried to get a good family picture. This is what we got instead! Mom and Amanda took more pictures than I did. So you would have to check out their blogs for the rest of the story! I am grateful we live in this country. I am so thankful for my freedoms. We have it so good here in America and feel that so many of us take it for granted. I try to live my life everyday knowing that I have it so good. I am so thankful for my very many blessings!

8 comments:

Sheryl said...

Let William know I know how he feels. My husband died suddenly on November 6, 2008 and I feel guilty sometimes also about having fun. I miss him so much.

You have such a beautiful family and great support system. Sage was a very handsome and darling little boy. He was born almost the same time as my Granddaughter Paige (she will be 1 on July 9th).

God Bless you and your family,

Sheryl

Liz said...

We had so much fun! I always wonder if all the work to get there is worth it and then once we are there I know it was. It's so easy to forget that the kids are hurting too. They seem to just play and be oblivious and then one of them remembers and it's so hard. You are doing a good job keeping up with each of their needs and providing them comfort, reassurance, love and hope. We will never stop missing Sage! Somehow we all have to learn to live in this "new normal" of ours...a life without Sage. It's not an easy thing to do that's for sure. People always say, "I could never do that. I couldn't bury a child." Well they could because really what choice do you have once the cards are dealt? None.

I think I enjoyed Trey's reaction to the fireworks the most. Your dad and I have laughed all morning over it. He was so FUNNY! What a joy that little boy is.

Amanda Griggs said...

I bet that Sage enjoyed the show. I'm sure he saw them from Spencer and your laps, and also William's. Not to mention the view from Heaven.

We had a wonderful time in Heber with everyone! Thanks for the wonderful time!

Taralee said...

It was SO awesome to see you and all your family at the fireworks. It's been YEARS since I've seen you all. CRAZY. I'm glad we have the blogs to stay in touch better!
I'm glad you and your family had fun and enjoyed the nice weather!
GOOD TO SEE YOU!!

Chandy said...

What a great time you all had! I didn't know Heber is the place to see fireworks, we should have taken advantage and gone at least once.

I guess as long as the kids are together, any picture is a good picture, ha?

I'm glad William felt much better knowing that Sage can not only see the fireworks in Heber, but rather all over the world... I'm sure him knowing how much all of you love him made this Independence Day just as fun for him.

We stayed in; we got to celebrate it on Saturday though we weren't intending to. We enjoyed our own mini fireworks with poppers! ;-)

Hugs, Carolyn

danielle said...

William has a beautiful heart.

I am sure Sage is delighted to look down from Heaven and see his brothers and sister enjoying themselves.

Lara Neves said...

Oh, what a sensitive little boy. YOu are such a good mom, Crystal. I love what you said to him and how you helped him understand.

MaddyChristine Hope-Brokopp said...

I cannot imagine what you have to deal with. I think you still do so well. It's all part of this season, sometimes you laugh, often you still cry. You seem to allow both emotions. So strong of you. And you said beautiful things to William, you are such a good mom!! Take care!

ps LOVE you yard work and garden!