Saturday, July 11, 2009

Journey of the TV!

7 years ago Spencer's brother Robert bought us a TV for our wedding gift! Ohh how we loved our TV it was the best one out there! Well about 11 months ago Trey decided that he did not want to watch whatever was on TV and he pulled the TV out of the entertainment center onto the floor. I heard a load noise and came running into the living room. Thank goodness no one was hurt! The poor TV sustained multiple injuries to its picture tube! We decided it would have to do and pushed it back into the entertainment center. Well people would come over and after a few minutes of watching the TV would ask in the nicest voice "Why is Opera Purple"? I would just pretend I had no idea what they were talking about and play along!

My Dad started to get a little annoyed with the broken TV set (how can you watch the national Final Rodeo in style when the cowboys are yellow?) so Dad thought he would help me out! One night around 11 pmish he knocked on my door and he dragged this into my house! This beast only sat in my living room for five minutes before I said no thanks Dad! Bigger is not always better! Our good neighbors Jeremy and Kat let us borrow their TV until we could get a better one!

Finally, we got a new TV! We are so excited! We went almost a year before we could afford it. I don't really watch TV but the kids and Spencer seem to love it!

8 comments:

Liz said...

You guys really needed a new TV...well as much as anybody "needs" a TV. As I'm getting older I'm not likeing my TV as much and the news is just frightening. Anyway Spencer was so excited for his new TV and he works hard he earned it...I love the entertainment center with it. It really looks nice in your livng room.

Sharron said...

Well, is this time for congratulations or a little sympathy? If the kids like it too much it can make it harder to get the kids out from the front of it! Or it can be leverage when you need them to get something done . . . gee . . sounds like someone had onnery kids, doesn't it? Enjoy!

Tamra and Jim said...

I know your family will enjoy your new TV. We just bought a new one. Our old one pretty much died on us. We would turn it on and get comfortable and the picture would disappear and we'd have to get up and bang on the top of it to get the picture to show up again. After 3 or 4 times, it would finally stop doing that...for the most part. Very aggravating, so i guess we needed a new one, too. We've been looking at them for over a year. Thanks for our two son in laws, we finally got one we like and could afford.

Deeanna said...

Where did you guys find the entertainment center? I really like the look of it. :o)

Eldredge Family said...

I found it at Walmart for $300! I really like it!

Jessica Caldwell said...

I'm glad you all got a new TV it is so nice getting new things! Good luck with this one

Cori White said...

something about the boys and tv.. spencer looks way happy.. yellow cowboys dont sound too fun!!

Chandy said...

Well, there's always room for a new tv as my hubs would say... That's a nice, too! Great choice!