Sunday, July 19, 2009

What to do when its 115!

We really are trying our hardest to learn to live our "NEW" life without Sage. We are trying new things and enjoying each and every moment we have with the family that Heavenly has given us. We are here to teach our children about how to live life. Unfortunately, we have the duty of teaching them to live their life with grief. I think we are doing a good job so far. Sage passed away 4 months ago today. We are hanging tight to each other and to the promise of being with him again someday. Until, then we are going to live the best life we can.

If you had Jayden you were bound to crash! I had here once and I thought for a moment I was never going to get my rear end up off the ice!


Trey kept telling Spencer that he needed to do this too slow down! Trey loved skating and was doing really well by himself! He had a few minor falls no big deal!


Wayne loved ice skating. He was really good at it! I was so happy for Wayne that he found something that he was really good at right away. He was on the ice all night long!

William hated, loathed, and despised ice skating. This is the first thing William has ever tried that has not come naturally or easy to him. He cried and sat on the bench most of the night. I felt bad for him at first but then we talked and he decided to try to go back out on the ice and try again. I think he had some fun towards the end of the night!


Spencer and I are both good skaters! We have never gone together or even talked about our abilities to skate. So it was a nice surprise to learn that we both love to skate! No we did not plan on wearing matching clothes again it just happened that way!

Miss RaLee had fun as well! She is always the life of the party how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful little Aunt around!

She thinks up this stuff all on her own! I think she looks awesome!

Jayden is so cute! Have I ever mentioned that I love having a little girl around this house!

When your with RaLee you have to do the take a picture of yourself pose! LOL!

9 comments:

Amanda Griggs said...

I'm so much like Jayden with the "bound to crash syndrome!" and Will with the it doesn't come naturally! It looks like you guys all had a blast!

Jessica Caldwell said...

OK that looks like a blast!! I'm glad Wayne found something he is good at. Jayden is such a doll I'm glad you have your little girl. To bad William didn't enjoy himself as much as the other kids.

Cori White said...

im jealous of the cool clothes you were all wearing.. its too hot to go anywhere or do anything. looks like you had tons of fun. and maybe even cooled off for a while

Sharron said...

I used to love to skate and now . . . the last time I just embarrassed all the YW so I may beg off for the rest of my life! Good idea to get out of the heat, let me know and next time I will come and keep the bench warm while I watch your purse! ;-)

I hope you can get on with life a little more easily for a while now. You had some great ideas to keep you busy that last week and make Sage's birthday memorable for everyone.

Liz said...

RaLee said she had a blast! Thanks for taking her and helpling make her summer not so boring...by getting her out of the house of off the couch! Teele's never been one for family activities, as you know, so it's nice she has a big sister like you! Good luck on teaching your first Relief Society lesson today...I know it's been hard for you...but your going to be awesome!

mj and that girl that loves him~ said...

I love it! And it soo good for firming up the rear end and legs! I use to roller skate from about the age of 8 til 16 at a rink in Sacramento, but not ice skating, the other kind. I have dreams all the time of skating~when my foot gets better I want to try it again~ looks like you all had fun!

Olivia's Mommy said...

Hello Crystal,
You do not know me, my name is Courtney I first came across your blog when another friend of mine put out a prayer request for your family when Sage passed. I just wanted to say the strength you and Spencer have is amazing. I know it's not easy, but reading about you guys and seeing how strong you are is truly a blessing and you guys are a true inspiration to others. I wanted to let you know that.
God Bless You and your wonderful family! In my thoughts and prayers

Courtney

Chandy said...

What a wonderful day for you all! We crammed lots into one Friday so Saturday became our rest day. ;-)Grieving is never fun but unfortunately part of life. You and Spencer and your whole family is such a wonderful group that knowing you helps others realize that living life can be and is fun!

I know Heavenly Father is pleased that you are more stronger each day. Hugs to all, Carolyn

Tamra and Jim said...

You and your family have been so busy lately. I know being busy must help to deal with everything you've had to deal with the last four months. Hang in there. I think you are doing great. What we see on the outside is probably a lot different than what you're feeling on the inside most of the time. But just know that we think you are handling everything beautifully. Heavenly Father must be very proud of you.