We have been without a vehicle for the past 2 months that is able to hold all of us. We have had to borrow Spencer's Dads truck so Spencer could get back and forth to work. Mind you it has no AC and when living in the Desert AC is a must. Me and the kids have been riding around in a little car that breaks down all the time. So I only drive it unless I have to go somewhere. I can honestly say I have not complained once about our car situation. I have laughed until I cried but never got angry. I have just been so grateful that the four of us walked away from that totaled van! Yesterday, I remembered my sister Amanda had given me a nail gift card in December for my birthday. I grabbed my purse and told Spencer, you have the kids I am going to go get my nails done. Which is something I never do! He yells back what do you want me to do today?
Joking I said buy me a Mini VAN! Well he called me and said I found a company they have a 2008 Mini Van for $13,000 they will sell it to us today we just have to go down and get it! It is sorta bitter sweet we have a new Van but we used Sages death insurance money to get our van. I feel blessed but on the other hand so heart broken I would much rather not have any money and have my son back. My children are priceless to me. No amount of money makes this easier. I was stunned, shocked and happy to have a new vehicle! This van has alot more upgrades than the old van. I feel blessed as I do everyday. Heavenly Father is watching out for my family and taking care of us. making our burdens light.

We have had new car seats for 2 months just sitting in the garage! We finally have a van to but them in! The car seats are worth more than the car we were driving the past 2 months!
13 comments:
looks like a great purchase.. the smell of new cars.. and new car seats.. how fun.
Glad you have a great van to ride around in :) now just dont squish your newly painted nails in the van door :)
Yay!! Congrats on the new van! It looks very comfortable!
I had a hard time using death insurance money as well, with those same thoughts...I would rather have him here than spend the money. The reality is you have that insurance for that exact reason, to provide for your needs.
You used it well, you didnt blow it on a something you would regret.
Congrats again on the new van! :)
I'm so happy for you guys this is something you needed badly.
I can't even imagain how hard it must have been to use Sage's money, I'm so sorry.
I can feel your pain... That part of your post made me cry. I loved seeing Sage everywhere in your blog. But I'm so glad that you have another van again to transport your whole family. The laughter and gratitude you had in your heart brought around the miracle of your new vehicle... He does listen... Enjoy it and have a great summer!
Love and hugs, Carolyn
Your van is so nice. Congratulations. I'm glad you were able to put the money to good use for your entire family.
The van looks awesome! Pepe isn't a very reliable little thing, but it served it's purpose. The new van is very nice, and it doesn't smell like there is rotten gallon of milk hidden inside of it.
Love you guys!
Congratulations on the new vehicle. I can't imagine another family who deserves that new van more than you guys!
I wish you could have your son and an old van too. It is definitely bittersweet, but you see the blessings in other events in your life and always are so inspirational.
Yaaaaaa!! Congratulations. I am just sooo HAPPY to be saying that to YOU!!! Love the van!!! You soooo deserve this!
What a great looking van! I'm glad you have something that you can fit in, and won't break down on you. The car seats look nice too, ours are so full of food and stuff that I can't identify any more. I'd forgotten how nice they look when they're new. Congrats.
New cars are always fun, but ya, bittersweet this time. Have fun in your fancy new car, and no more accidents- just because I said so. :) Still thinking about you everyday!
I'm glad that you have a good way of getting around now. Looks like it needs to be broken in a bit though. I trust the kids to get that little chore done for you ;-)
Happy you have a safe and dependable way to get ur family around! Keeping you guys in our prayers!
Post a Comment