Trey but himself in charge of the "MAP! He was really good at this and took his navigating job very serious. We never got lost and he loved being in charge of everything!
Daddy and Jay Jay!
William at the splash pad!
I thought Wayne looked so cute in his plaid shorts and cowboy belt!
I love this picture of Trey.....he gets so excited about life in general but throw water in the mix he gets really happy!
Lunch time under Daddy's favorite spot at the Zoo.
Proof that I was with them!
Petting zoo. The kids loved this part.
This goat would turn and lift his lips apart and make some weird laughing sound every time Trey touched it. Trey got to laughing so hard at this goat. I was laughing at Trey! I think this goat was ticklish or something!
William has such a soft spot for all of Gods animals. I love how tender hearted this kid is!
Jay Jay got tired and insisted that "HER WILLIAM" carry her every where. Will was a good big brother he literally carried his baby sister around the zoo!
He even carried her to the van. He never complained.
Thank you so much brother and sister Caldwell for answering our prayers! We had a wonderful time. It was nice to get out of the house and try and enjoy each others company. Learn to live again one step at a time.
11 comments:
What a wonderful day for you and your family. I cant imagine your sorrow over this past year, and it was a wonderful day to just enjoy your family. I enjoy reading your blog and think about you and your family often.
Looks like you guys definitely had a fabulous time. It makes me miss the Phoenix zoo...we used to go all the time!
What an inspired Visiting Teacher you must have. Such a testimony of how much our Heavenly Father loves us and takes care of us through those that are willing to listen.
I love stories like this. It is such a good reminder for me to strive to be "in tune" so that I too may be an instrument in the Lord's hands. So glad you guys had a good day. Your kids are such cuties!
It looks you guys had an awesome time. I am jeolous of your zoo. We don't have a petting zoo or a splash pond. William is such a cute man. That is so nice of him and not to complain, wow.
First, tell you VT thanks from me, now I am on a guilt trip because I am not tuned in to my ladies that way she is to you.
Second, Know that you are loved by many, just as Sister Caldwell loves you and your family.
Third, It looks like you had a wonderful time. I am so glad for you. Hope you can cling to the memories for awhile and they will help carry you for a bit.
Fourth, don't beat yourself up too much over having a fight. The first time Jon and I had a fight like that, was when we were just about beside ourselves with worry because we were quickly approaching not being able to make our mortgage payment and were afraid we would lose our home. We were ding dong ditched by the youth almost immediately and wondered what they had heard. I was sobbing on the extra bed in Mariah's room. It was all staples that were very practical and we were so excited because there was even cornmeal (a luxury at the time) and I could make cornbread! So, remember that we all go through this, in some way, and we tend to turn on the ones that we trust to be there, no matter what.
Just a side note. Make sure your kids see you make up in a loving way afterwards. Mariah was in kindergarten when we had our next blow up and since she had never seen it before, she thought we were going to get a divorce. We felt so badly that we had frightened her that way. That was when we realized that it is OK for children to see that their parents do disagree some times. If they just "attack" the problem and not each other and then work it out, it's OK.
Love you pray for you every day!
Looks like you all had a wonderful day at the zoo. Your post made me very nostalgic. We lived in Phoenix when my girls were born until they were 8 and 6. We spent many a happy day at the Phoenix zoo. The Petting Zoo was always a big hit. Glad you had a good time.
The zoo is the place to be and the weather has been super nice.. the splashpad is a great addition.
glad you had fun and that your VT was so thoughtful.
Sharron's comments are just perfect. Nothing else need be said. You guys are doing terrific through all your trials. I can't even imagine going through what you have. Just keep on doing your best. Heavenly Father is aware of your needs...hence sending your visiting teacher just when you needed her.
Crystal, I miss the Phoenix Zoo! When we were still there, I loved being able to go with one of the families and then on to field trips and such. It is a great place and glad that you all had a wonderful time. You do have amazing children... ;-)
If you're children is also into reading and collecting books, Half-Price books is offering a $3 discount on any book if kids 12 & under read for 15 mins at least each day. It started on June 1st. See if you're local HPB is participating.
Isn't it funny how Heavenly Father answers our prayers? We've had some miracles happen here too, and honestly, I don't know how to put into words what happened... But I'm glad they did, that's for sure!
Ok, til next post... Hugs, Carolyn
I'm so HAPPY you had a chance to have a family day. I think doing things together as a family can only make you guys stronger.
Don't worry about the fighting it is allowed sometimes, you to are the best and I love you guys.
What a fun day. I LOVE the cowboy belt! It's always fun to see what they come up with, I laughed out loud at it. The picture of you and the kids during lunch turned out really neat. I'm happy Heavenly Father was able to help you out via your visiting teacher. We love you all.
Post a Comment