The point of this story is.......your children don't always have to look a certain way to take the opportunity to take some picture's. Death teaches you that everyday we have here on this earth is a special occasion. You never know when your last ordinary day will be your last day on this earth. We all need to live our life for our ordinary days! Live life to the fullest each day and make them count!
Uncle Royal comes by almost every day to come see his boys and his little princess Jay Jay! Royal is helping keep me company and lets me talk about the pain we feel from losing Sage. Royal is working hard at getting himself ready for the blessings of the Temple and marriage someday. I don't think he would be making these huge changes in his life if Sage had not passed away. Sages life has touched him for good. It is so hard to loose a child but, it is such another blessing to see my brother coming back to the gospel. I am so proud of my brother and it makes this loss so much sweeter to bare when you see changes in people for the better. I love you Royal! One day I will see you be married to some lucky gal for time and all eternity and what a beautiful day that will be.
12 comments:
Thank you Crystal, I love reading your posts. It is hard to see someone go through so much pain but see them raise through it. This one really touched me though, You are such a sweet spirit and I am blessed to have you be a cousin.
That is such a good point - a moment you thought was a bit annoying, getting the kids together for what you thought was a pointless photo, turned out to be a photo you would treasure forever. You really don't know when something so ordinary will mean so much. Royal seems like a great brother! Aren't you glad he annoyed you that day.
So true. God bless you.
This brought me to tears my first post I read this morning.
Such a good point to remember. I'm pushing 60 hard and still find that the every day things of life get in the way of every day. you know what I mean?
What a beautiful perspective!
Amen to that Crystal! That was a great moment that Royal took advantage of and I know that his changes are according to what's in line for him in Heavenly Father's timeline. What a great family you have, I wish I can see the same changes in my brothers' lives as one is struggling to hold his family together while two others have no real gospel in their lives and the other, too distant for me to get to know; but maybe someday...
I'm so glad you took those pictures it breaks my heart to only see four children. I'm so proud of you and how strong you have been.
Uncle Royal is the best I'm so happy he has been able to come visit you almost daily. I wished we lived closer. SOON I promise!!
I love the cheesy cell phone pictures. I can't believe how many I have of the kids on my phone, and all of them are now priceless. You have a good point about Roy coming back to the gospel I just wish we didn't have to lose Sage for it to happen.
Love this post! I'm so happy to see the "Light" that is in Royal now. His entire countenance has changed. He was SO excited to be getting is patriachal blessing next month. He told me this morning that he LOVES going to church. But like you I wish Sage was here but I'm looking with my "earthly eyes". In an eternal perspective this way we just may get to have them both! Sage lived 8 short months but I have a feeling the lessons he taught us are going to span the eternities! Gosh how my heart aches for that little boy. This whole grieving thing really and truly sucks! I don't know how you two are doing it other than with the Gospel one minute at a time! It's so hard seeing those pictures with just the four boys.
This is just what I needed to hear. I am always concerned about what my little one looks like for pictures, and really that is not the point...it's the memory. Thank you for sharing.
Wow what a blessing to have captured an ordinary day. Moms always want to have everything perfect for pictures, but really how often does that happen. In the end what you really see is a family of happy, adorable kids. Royal is a good guy...although I still think of him as the little kid from Holbrook. :)I'm so happy to hear all about his progress, and that he's able to be a strength and comfort during this time.
Post a Comment