William and Wayne are in charge of unloading the dish washer for over 2 years now they have this skill down pat! Most of the time I do not even have to ask they just do it. Well I decided today that Will is plenty old enough to learn how to load the dish washer...
APPARENTLY THIS IS CHILD ABUSE! HE REFUSED TO EVEN LOOK AT ME OR ACKNOWLEDGE I WAS ALIVE. THE MORE I LAUGHED THE MADDER HE GOT. HE EVEN TOOK IT AS FAR AS KICKING AND SHAKING HIS BODY ABOUT THE KITCHEN FLOOR. I TOLD HIM NEXT UP IS TOILETS...IF HE COULD SHOOT LIGHTING BOLTS OUT OF HIS EYES I WOULD HAVE DIED! OH WELL! I AM STILL LAUGHING!
8 comments:
Congratulations and welcome to the world of "kids growing up." haha Our kids always had to help with chores, too, and guess what, they survived it!!! I used to tell them they could have had their little chore done three times for the amount of time they took complaining and griping and whining about it. haha You're a great mom!
That's so funny. I hated making you kids work that was harder than just doing it myself! You were easy always willing to pitch in now Jessica was like William, Amanda learned how to become Hudini and disappear when it came time to work, Royal...well he was horrible and DJ too, RaLee is the getting it down. She's going to be fine but had my doubts there for a while. Tamra's right your a great mom! Hang in there and Tell William he will get to play that video game soon enough. LOL
Aren't just too funny? One time I when i got tired of my kids complaining, I "made" them play and play and play. I wouldn't let them stop. that was interesting!! It helped for a short time.
No way - not child abuse. I think it is soooo much easier to just do the chores ourselves, but they gotta learn right? I agree, your a good mom for taking the time to teach them!
Yesterday, Garrett and Taryn were fighting so bad I was about to lose it on them. Ummmm. . .okay, I already did, but I put them to work cleaning baseboards and dusting furniture. Today you oughta see how nice they are to each other. HA! Love it! I'm going to have the cleanest house this summer!
Did you see my blog about the musical this Friday night? You should come go with me!
I did my far share of cleaning, however I did dissapear a lot. Any ways this is SO FUNNY! I love the look William has loading the tupperware dish. I can't see his face, but I'm sure he's near ready to gag! IT'S NOT THAT BAD! Oh who am I kidding, I still hate chores!
after you get done teaching him that it is "fun" to do dishes want to come teach my kids. I know they will learn some day just like potty training. Its not easy and it takes forever for them to figure out but they will get it. And hopefully we all hope our kids turn out like aunt Tamra's the cleanest kids around. Well maybe just the girls :) Love you keep up the good work . Here's a quote for you. "OUR GREATEST GLORY IS NOT IN NEVER FAILING... BUT IN RISING EVERY TIME WE FALL" This applies to a lot of things but it fits here too.
Don't anyone tell Gabriel that he is being abused . . . I have him loading his own dishes over here now!
I think NOT teaching them to clean is actually a form of child neglect because my goal as a parent is to help them be responsible adults. In fact I have had people comment-both good and bad- about my 16 yr old son who at 12 was already doing the dishes and changing diapers. I feel that as part of our family you have to help especially since I was on bedrest at the time. So way to go Mom!!
Post a Comment