Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Joy

 

2 weeks ago I decided to decorate my home for Christmas…

Spencer surprised me one day and told me to get ready to go to town and pick out my 12 foot Christmas tree that I have always wanted! I joked around and said yah we can get the tree but, what about ornaments…he said you can get some of those as well! So off we went! I cried…I spent the next 3 days decorating the entire house!

Peace is one of the things I pray for everyday.

IMG_2361

 

IMG_2425

Joy…………………………………………………..when we were deciding to get pregnant with Sage, I joked around and said the answer will be in the Book of Mormon! I pointed to a scripture and it basically said,  “it will be hard but, that we would have JOY”! I think back to that day many times. If  I only knew, how hard it really would be to be Sage’s mother, would I have still had him?? I think the answer is yes…I had JOY the entire time he was here on earth. I know that I will have undescribable Joy, when I get to hold him again. I pray every day that I will find Joy in my journey until that day comes.

IMG_2419

These pictures do not give my tree any justice.

IMG_2416

 

IMG_2429

Part of my 10,000…..piece Christmas village that my Aunt Kathy gave to me.

IMG_2352

My mother in law made these blocks for me!

IMG_2368

I made the Santa face!

IMG_2414

The kids tree! Some of the ornaments on this tree hung on my tree when I was just a little girl!

IMG_2371

Last year we bought Sage an ornament it simply said JOY!

IMG_2399

I finally made our Christmas stockings this year.

Spencer

IMG_2413

Crystal

IMG_2385

William

IMG_2384

Wayne

IMG_2382 

Treyton

IMG_2381

Jayden

IMG_2380

Sage

IMG_2379

Last year, I would just sit and count all of the stockings. I could not believe I had been blessed with so much! I was so excited!  I kept saying I can not believe I have 7 stockings to hang! This year it was hard to hang my stockings….

IMG_2388

I still hung last years stocking’s…I want to remember the Joy I felt that year when I got to fill all 7 stockings. We are going to fill Sages stocking this year with acts of service.

IMG_2377

Last but not least, my Nativity set. I know that because our Savior was born on Christmas day, I will have peace and  joy on earth. How thankful I am to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ this Christmas season. I often wonder, how do they celebrate Christmas on Heaven? I can only imagine what that might be like for Sage……

IMG_2347

7 comments:

Lacey said...

WOW! I bet walking through your house is better than Disneyland all decorated for Christmas!!! That tree is amazing!!! And so are you!!!

Lara Neves said...

I love your 12 foot tree! WOW! I wish I had high enough ceilings to warrant a purchase like that!

You did a great job on your stockings. Love them.

And I really love the little ways you are remembering Sage this Christmas. The acts of service is genius, and I'm sure it will be a wonderful tradition for your family.

Aston Family said...

Crystal!!! Your house looks like a winter wonderland! I bet the kids love it! Your house is the perfect home for a 12 ft tree!! I love it all!! You are so talented! :)

Sharron said...

Everything looks wonderful and the tree makes your hutch look so little, and it's a pretty big hutch! I love the idea of filling Sage's stocking with acts of service, I may steal the idea somehow for my family!

Anonymous said...

You have some major talent, lady! I love the stockings you made - and all your beautiful Christmas decorations! I envy Sage so much because he gets to spend Christmas with our Savior Jesus Christ this year!

Jessica Caldwell said...

Your house looks so good, I need to come over and see it. I LOVE 100X the acts of service to fill Sage's stocking, think of something we can all do together!
Love you

BeckyinQC said...

I LOVED this post Crystal! Everytime I see the word "Joy" I will be thinking of Sage now. Your perspective on life as well as the new traditions you are beginning with your family is inspiring to me. The acts of service for his stocking is such a good idea! Will you take them out and read what everyone has done on Christmas morning? How sweet that will be!