Friday, September 24, 2010

Ellie Mae 1 month

Ellie Mae is 1 month old today! Happy One Month old day to my Baby girl! We celebrated this mile stone by taking her to the Dr. and Lab Corp to get the 2nd half of her PKU test done. She was a trooper and did not cry at all.

Ellie weighs 9 lbs 4 oz! She is in the 50% percential! The Dr. says she has a good heart and lungs. It makes me happy to hear things like this. I honestly want to jump up and down in the Dr.'s office when, he gives her a perfect bill of health! I am just so Thankful that she is healthy.

Her plastic Surgeon called, her extra pinky finger will be taken off on October 28th. I honestly feel that she is the most beautiful little Baby girl. I forget that she has an extra digit, until a rude stranger points it out to me. I try really hard not to be rude back to these special people.

Ellie Mae's first month has been fun for me and my family. She loves her night time bath! Most of the time she sleeps during the entire thing. She goes to sleep around 10pm and wakes up at 4am and 7am. We have pulled a few all nighters with her but, it is okay!

I spend an hour in the morning getting her ready for the day. This includes picking out the perfect outfit, blanket, headband and bracelet. Setting her up for her daily photo session! I take a daily cell phone pic and send it out to family. Saying something about it being a good morning because, any morning that she wakes up is a wonderful morning!


The first couple of times we put Ellie in her swing she screamed! She thought she was on a roller coaster ride! She loves swing time now. She just sits in and looks around!

At dinner time, we sit her in her bouncer and set her right in the middle of the table. We have missed Sage so much at our Dinner table. I can hardly bare having her in the other room during dinner. So she sits in the middle of the table.

Spencer always says she sure does love her Momma! It makes me so happy! I know she does. All I have to do is talk to her and she smiles so big and cuddles with me! She loves all of us so much and we love her!!

11 comments:

debra said...

What shes one month old already?? that cant be - where did the time go?? She is soo beautiful.. I can see similarities with each of your kids in her! Yay for a clean bill of health!! Youre a better person than me because i would totally be rude back to anyone who is rude first - especially with all that youve been through!

Sharron said...

She is beautiful and I think you should have a little fun with bozos who mention her extra digit. Ask the what they are talking about and no matter what, you can't see what they are talking about.

It's so small, I'm actually surprised anyone notices.

Tamra and Jim said...

She is definitely a cutie pie. I'm glad she's doing so well!

Jessica Caldwell said...

We love this little girl so much, she is so small but has brought so much joy to you guys. Thank you for having faith in Heavenly Father and bringing Ellie to our family.

You can tell those butt heads that are rude to you to kiss it were the sun dosen't shine!

Cody and Danica said...

people are so stupid about things! oh and october 28th just happens to be my birthday so best of luck to the little lady.

Audrey said...

So cute!!! I love that dress and headband and blanket--all of it!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. She is just so precious!! I think it's weird that people point it out, as if you don't already know. Dumbos. I laughed hard when you said "special" people lol.

Melanie and Jarom said...

She is so DARLING! I can't believe she is only 1 week older than my baby because she looks so alert and mature! I am so happy for you guys! Reading your blog helps me appreciate my little one even more. I am so glad you guys are experiencing some healing and I'm sure little Ellie just wishes so bad she could talk and tell you all about her big brother in heaven! We need to get our girls together soon and compare notes!

Renia Flaishans said...

She is just SO beautiful!! It is SO wonderful to hear how she has brought SO much happiness into your house and family.

Renea

p.s. Thanks for sharing her pictures with us :o)

TheBatts said...

I am so very happy for you Crystal, you are such a special mommy!!

Cheryl said...

Praying that you and your family are doing well.

((hugs))

With love and Hope,
Cheryl